+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DUI zip seals

Plays with High Voltage trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00's Avatar
    KISS classic

DUI zip seals

Just purchased a used DUI CLX450. I was very happy with the condition, and the fit. The only thing thats miffs me is that it came with no neck and wrist seals. It has the zip seal system.

The reason for my post is to see if anyone in Florida (especially around cave country) would carry the seals in stock. I didn't see any mention of them on Gambles website. I would be open to other suggestions about weather to keep the zip seal system, or replace it.

Thanks for all your expertise.

Cheers, Walt

RBW Member Captain_Bob is an unknown quantity at this point Captain_Bob's Avatar
    Sentinel

Re: DUI zip seals

I purchased some at Extreme Exposure last month they had plenty in stock.

RBW Member LeCrabe is an unknown quantity at this point LeCrabe's Avatar
    rEvo III mCCR mini titanium

Keep them,
    They cost a fortune to install. Although the seals in themselves are not for free it is nice to have a pair in advance (kept in the darkness) because if you dont have spare it kind of kill their purpose
    dive safe

David Carden cardysnr is on a distinguished road cardysnr is on a distinguished road cardysnr's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Meg 2.7SW, AP Vision+, JJ-CCR

Keep the zip seal system,

Once you have a spare set in your kit bag they are worth their weight in gold......

Their dry gloves are shear bliss for cold water diving.

P.S keep any old wrist seals as you can re use them, by buying the cone seals and glue them on yourself ;)

David.

Dive Addicts Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton's Avatar
    Hammerhead, P2, SF2, Flex, Evo

Inspo, Sent, Optima, Mk15, Dol

I have Zip Seals on my DUI I like them quite a bit. I have kept the original seals and when they wore out I cut off the Conical POS seals and glued on Bottle neck shape. 100X better. But I kept the zip seal system. Gamble will do this for you or if you send it to us we would gladly do it for you. We stock tons of different sizes, shapes and styles of seals.

Plays with High Voltage trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00's Avatar
    KISS classic

I really appreciate all the responses. I called Extreeme Exposure today and they have both the silicone and latex wrist and neck seals in stock. I will be picking them up in the morning.

I am really thinking about going with the silicone ones for comfort reasons. My old latex ones on my Santi suit always made me feel like I was being choked out. I would really be interested in hearing your experience with the silicone seals, and what your thoughts are. Can new silicone seals be attached or glued to the old ones like people have done with the latex ones?

Cheers, Walt

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

I am talking out my butt rather than from personal experience, but it seems that the silicone can not be glued very easily at all.

One of my friends tried using silicone seals and found them to tear very easily and went back to latex.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

KISS classic

I agree with you Dsix36. I have heard that you cant glue the silicone, but I wasn't sure. I also hear you have to be very careful with them. They are a bit more expensive, so I am weighing how much comfort I will gain for the extra cost.

Cheers, Walt

dive! dive! dive! mmarcoux is an unknown quantity at this point mmarcoux's Avatar
    rEvo 3 Micro FT RMS, JJ CCR

rEvo 3 Standard HCCR

I'm on my first pair of the silicone wrist seals. My wrists routinely leak in latex because of my tendons and I'm not having that issue with the silicone so far. I have read about them tearing easily so I baby soap them to go on. I have about 40 hours on them and they look new.

Dive Addicts Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton's Avatar
    Hammerhead, P2, SF2, Flex, Evo

Inspo, Sent, Optima, Mk15, Dol

Quote Originally Posted by mmarcoux  View Original Post
    I'm on my first pair of the silicone wrist seals. My wrists routinely leak in latex because of my tendons and I'm not having that issue with the silicone so far. I have read about them tearing easily so I baby soap them to go on. I have about 40 hours on them and they look new.
    Are the silicone seals bottle shaped or conical? I had the same problem with my tendons for years till I switched to bottle shaped seals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast