+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VRx 3 cell PPO2 monitoring

RBW Member asfalt is an unknown quantity at this point asfalt's Avatar
    APD Evolution

Aquatek Voyager

VRx 3 cell PPO2 monitoring

Hello, I have a question about VRx and 3 cell PPO2 monitoring.
    I bought an used Aquatec Voyager RB some time ago. It has a box with 3 O2 cells wired into the Fisher conector. The previous owner connected it to the Shearwater dive computer. I have VR Technology VRx (3 cell monitoring is activated). The problem is, VRx shows just 1 PPO2. I think that problem is in wiring 3 cells to Fisher conector. Does anyone know how are 3 cells in Fisher conector wired (by VRx, of course)?
    Any advice welcome. Thank you
    Asfalt

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

The VRx is not automatically a 3 cell computer. You may have a 1 cell computer. The board inside is different for each.
    You must first make sure you have a 3 cell VRx.
    If your sure that the computer is a 3 cell version then DO NOT use a Shearwater cable with the VRx. We were involved with the design specification on the cell interface for that computer and the cables are not compatible.
    You must use a different cable.
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

RBW Member jpalecek is on a distinguished road jpalecek is on a distinguished road jpalecek's Avatar
    Home built

Hammer Head

Re: VRx 3 cell PPO2 monitoring

maybe it will help : Cable and Connector Help

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jpalecek  View Original Post
    maybe it will help : Cable and Connector Help
    this page will not help you, brent is correct the vrx cables are differant from the shearwater type cables, not only are they wired differantly they have differant isolation electronics fitted

kind regards john routley
    you know...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    Its about learning to dance in the rain..

Supporting Shearwater Research Products in Europe

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Asfalt,
    Best is to get the correct VRx cable from narked@90. They know what they're talking about and they will give you great service. Last but not least you won't have to second guess your readings.
    Best
    Philippe

RBW Member asfalt is an unknown quantity at this point asfalt's Avatar
    APD Evolution

Aquatek Voyager

Thank you for all answer. My VRx is realy 3 cells monitoring capable and this function is activated (see a pic).
    My problem isn't just connect 3 cells to VRx - I wanna connect all 3 cells to the VRx computer and simultaneously to the VR Technology 3 cells monitoring unit. I wanna use 3 cells monitoring unit as a backup... You can see everything, what is available to me, at a second picture.
    Thanks
    Asfalt
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread