+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Safe secure payment method ?

RBW Member S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc's Avatar
    Revo II Micro and BMR500

Classic Kiss

Safe secure payment method ?

I rarely sell or buy things from individuals I don't know.

I have two rebreathers listed for sale on RBW and had not really turned my mind to what payment methods I should consider accepting.

Can anyone advise what safe secure payment methods they prefer to use?

Any info is appreciated.

S. Marc

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

Re: Safe secure payment method ?

Quote Originally Posted by S. Marc  View Original Post

I have two rebreathers listed for sale on RBW and had not really turned my mind to what payment methods I should consider accepting.

Any info is appreciated.

S. Marc
    I sold/bought quite a few rebreathers and other expensive stuff on rebreatherworld. Buyers transferred money to my account by normal wire transfer, when the money arrived I shipped the unit as promised.

I also bought a Classic Kiss and a rEvo, transferred the money and seller shipped unit when money arrived. However, I did some background checks before sending the money to be confident that I was not being scammed.

Paypal has some buyer/seller protection, however there is the thing with the paypal fee that adds some cost to the deal.

Maybe I am just naive or lucky, but I have had very few problems selling buying stuff over the internet.

Safe diving....

/Christian

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by S. Marc  View Original Post

Any info is appreciated.

S. Marc
    I have used both wire transfer and paypal.. There is no such thing as a secure transaction, the best bet is check out your seller before you pay.. There are also escrow services available, but that will cost a bit more than the wire transfer or paypal..

If you are the seller the best bet is to have references available so that people can be confident in buying from you..
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Wire for the big stuff and paypal for the little stuff. Paypal fees start to get costly beyond $1000USD. (3.9% for international xfers)

RBW Member EricD is an unknown quantity at this point EricD's Avatar
    rEvo III

KISS Classic

I just recently sold my KISS Classic here on RBW. The forms of payment that I would accept are PayPal and certified check. As others pointed out, the downside to PayPal is the 3% fee which can add up to over a hundred dollars when selling a high ticket item. That leaves the next option, certified check, which is how the buyer of my old unit paid. Although a certified check is written by the buyer's bank when the buyer directly gives money to their bank, I read they can still be forged. This is why you should wait until it clears your bank before you ship the rebreather. The certified check method ended up working well for me and ended up being a very smooth transaction. Good luck.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

As a buyer, I would always choose an escrow service and try to split the cost with the seller. As a seller with scruples, I leave it up to the buyer to request it since I know I will ship the merchandise and guarantee that it meets my description. PayPal fees can be quite high, so I would look to recover at least half. Checks or wire are better.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

+ Reply to Thread