Closed Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunilda

New Member Janwillem Bech has a spectacular aura about Janwillem Bech has a spectacular aura about Janwillem Bech has a spectacular aura about Janwillem Bech has a spectacular aura about Janwillem Bech has a spectacular aura about Janwillem Bech has a spectacular aura about Janwillem Bech's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

45 other units ;)

Gunilda

This is the story about a fantastic ship built in 1897 that sunk in 1911 in Lake Superior in Canada. I was fortunate to get in contact with diver and archeologist Scott McWilliam. Scott took time to introduce me to this fantastic wreck lying at 80 meters. He dived it in his early diving career on air (!) and finished his adventure with a survey in 1993. In the 30's a search was carried out and hard-hat divers tried to find the wreck.. The story will take you all the way from the beginning to the End, an amazing story! Gunilda was dived with the earliest CCR on the market CCR 1000 and PP1 please check this adventure:
    The story about Gunilda

RBW Member pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476's Avatar
    Meg

Re: Gunilda

Nice story.

People over here are diving the Gunilda every summer these days. Check in with Jitka at Shipwreck Explorers if you are interested in finding out more about it.

I've never done it but I understand that it's in pristine condition and sits exactly as it went down, inside and out.

Prince of darkness Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits's Avatar
    Megalodon

Great info, thanks for sharing.

Al

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Nice article. Thanks for posting.
    A little trivia for you, that rebreather shown in the first RB picture shows a porpoise pack made by Innerspace Systems Corporation which was later bought by Leon Scamahorn and produces rebreathers to this day.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member s. McWilliam is on a distinguished road s. McWilliam is on a distinguished road s. McWilliam's Avatar

The story and the personalities are complex and so much larger than life, even some of the spectators became that way . . .

Photograph oh Fred transiting between barge and down line
    Attached Images
    Last edited by s. McWilliam; 29th December 2012 at 16:22.

RBW Member ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl's Avatar
    Inspiration, rEvo micro

How does a person get a copy of "Drowning in Dreams"? Saw it once years ago and would like to see it once again.

Al

Titan CCR Diver Michigandiver will become famous soon enough Michigandiver will become famous soon enough Michigandiver will become famous soon enough Michigandiver's Avatar
    Titan eCCR

Agreed Al... Would love to see the movie/documentary.

RBW Member s. McWilliam is on a distinguished road s. McWilliam is on a distinguished road s. McWilliam's Avatar

At one time NFB made VHS copies of Drowning in Dreams available on VHS but I think they have stopped. It is very kind of you to remember the film but it is 17 since we shot it. It is a great story and a natural film, when we were shooting we always joked that it would attract someone in Hollywood’s attention and be remade (staring William Shatner as Fred Bronelle lol) we should be filming the sequel or at least a remake.

RBW Member ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl's Avatar
    Inspiration, rEvo micro

I saw the film at Ron Benson's shop around 1999 or so. It was both funny and informative. I vaguely remember one of the guy's wife as being especially entertaining.

Al

Sentinel & Boris IT hypoxicexplorer is on a distinguished road hypoxicexplorer is on a distinguished road hypoxicexplorer's Avatar
    Ouroboros, Sentinel, KISS

KISS Classic, Dolphin & Ray

Al and Mike,
    The next time your in TR we can watch it, I have a copy.
    Greg

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast