+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rEVO course done

RBW Member JimG is on a distinguished road JimG is on a distinguished road JimG's Avatar
    KISS and rEVO

rEVO course done

I did my rEVO crossover course this week with Dave ******. I have dived a KISS Classic (#115) since 2004 mostly in coastal caves here in Florida for research (I'm a biologist). The crossover course was great fun and Dave is a fantastic instructor. The biggest adjustment for me was that controlling loop volume is a little bit harder on the rEVO than the KISS but I figured it out fairly quickly. It took a few dives to be able to get used to the more sensitive ADV compared to the KISS. I like that it is easier to fire than the KISS ADV, especially when dropping down to depth quickly. It also took a few dives to tune into the solenoid firing as I had never dived a rebreather with a solenoid. I was impressed with the work of breath even standing on my head or swimming face up - almost impossible to do on a KISS. My rEVO is a full size hybrid with RMS, a P dream and Shearwater controller. As I've gotten older and my shoulders have become less flexible it had become extremely difficult (and painful) to reach the KISS tank valve handles while diving, but the rEVO tank valve handles are right where my hands fall naturally to my side - a critical improvement for me.The rig balanced very well. I had always used a Hogarthian one piece harness/back plate on the KISS, and thus greatly appreciated the comfort of the stock rEVO harness. I hadn't ever realized how uncomfortable the old harness was. We did the course at Hudson Grotto near Tampa Florida. The Scuba West shop in Hudson was very cooperative and let us use their pool. Dave ****** was full of great information about everything connected to diving, jet aircraft, car racing, and especially rebreathers.

Jim
    Attached Images

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

Re: rEVO course done

Well done and Congratulations!
    Like you I have migrated from the Classic Kiss (#039) to the rEvo.
    Still dive the Kiss ocassionally.
    Welcome to the rEvo Club!

Cheers!

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Hi Jim,

Great news about the revo course.

I know not everyone's feels the same and I don't really care but, I miss Dave ****** on the board.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

Congrats!
    I did not know revo had a bov yet?

RBW Member JimG is on a distinguished road JimG is on a distinguished road JimG's Avatar
    KISS and rEVO

I had the Shrimp ready to install right after the course was officially over. After eight years diving with a BOV on the KISS, it is ingrained in my dive habits. I transferred the rEVO mouthpiece/gag strap over to the Shrimp and it works fine. I think I like the strap but I'll see how it goes with more dives. My granddaughter gave me a cold for Christmas, so it will be a few days before I'll get a chance to do some more diving on the rEVO. My KISS looks sad sitting on the lab bench in its temporary retirement, but after all, this is Florida.

RBW Member Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester's Avatar
    rEvo III Magnum

Congrats Jim, you'll love that Revo.

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

Congrats Jim!

Nice sign behind you. I just found about 10 of these during our move if anyone is interested.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Quote Originally Posted by scubagrunt  View Original Post
    Congrats!
    I did not know revo had a bov yet?
    Lol... Mel your just behind the times... Honestly I think there are more revos with Shrimps on them than without....

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    Lol... Mel your just behind the times... Honestly I think there are more revos with Shrimps on them than without....
    Funny, my hammerhead came with a shrimp, hehe

Sent from my She-er-water Per-redator!

RBW Member Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester's Avatar
    rEvo III Magnum

A friend of mine had a first generation shrimp start leaking on him on a big cave dive and had to bail. For ease of access you complicate things, not always for the better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast