+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Camping and Diving in Spain

RBW Member fragstone is an unknown quantity at this point fragstone's Avatar
    Poseidom MKVI

Submatix mccr, UBS40, Dolphin

Camping and Diving in Spain

Hi Folks,

i want make a Campingtrip to Spain in 2013 and i am looking for nice Diveplaces that are available from the Beach.
    Possible deepdive Places.

Can anybody of spanish divers help me?

best wishes
    Thomas

RBW Member andrespp is on a distinguished road andrespp is on a distinguished road andrespp's Avatar

Re: Camping and Diving in Spain

Close to strait of Gibraltar area, it is Tarifa, with nice beach diving, lots of sealife, some wrecks, maximum depth is about 50 mts (but you need to know the area or dive with someone who does) currents are an issue there), and lots of campings.

Water temp in summer is 16-18C, visibility is from 5 mts to 30mts, being 10-20 mts the usual.

Tarifa may be very windy, in fact it is also one of the best spots in Europe for witesurf and kitesurfing. Very nice virgin beaches, whale sight travels, some diving centers (Buceoscorpora es Bucear en Tarifa de la mano de los mejores Profesionales. recommended)

July/August is tourism high season there.
    Last edited by andrespp; 19th December 2012 at 09:55.

RBW Member thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster's Avatar
    APD Evolution Vision

+1 for Tarifa.

Its got spectacular underwater scenery and a couple of nice wrecks too. I'm there (well try to be) every Sunday for a dive. I love it. Warm water, good viz - its great!

From the beach, you can dive of the Med side into the 'la piscina' and if the currents are right you can head around the corner to the San Andreas wreck (30m).

For a deep dive there is Punta Marraqui, which just keeps going down and down - I've been at 45m and there was plenty more of the blue stuff to go.

The local shop I use is 'YellowSub', Enricho there the owner speaks english and the whole team and the locals are a great friendly bunch. They have a couple of boats and run I think every day. Dives are 24e each, which I think is a bargain.

If you get bored of Tarifa, you can come across the border to Gibraltar and there are loads of shallow wrecks (14m - 30m) all from the shore.

Rich

RBW Member LeCrabe is an unknown quantity at this point LeCrabe's Avatar
    rEvo III mCCR mini titanium

-1 for Tarifa BECAUSE of Windsurfers,
    Most of these guyes are morons.
    I once got to see a guy with his board come to turn around a SMB to look at it

If you go there be very carefull and dive in a good center.
    I have nothing agains Tarifa per se but please keep in mind a board is not a boat... It is fast and you will not hear it coming.
    Dive safe

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

Quote Originally Posted by LeCrabe  View Original Post
    a board is not a boat... It is fast and you will not hear it coming.
    Dive safe
    i never thought about that....

RBW Member thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster's Avatar
    APD Evolution Vision

I have never encountered any other water craft while diving in tarifa (with YellowSub) but then again I also dive off their boat!

All the windsurfers are on the west side (by the beach). All the decent diving is on the south

Regards

Rich.

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

North of Spain: Visitestartit.com. Lots of info for diving and camping.
    On your trip to/from there, you can also stop in Collioure (France).
    Best
    Philippe

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe GERIN  View Original Post
    North of Spain: Visitestartit.com. Lots of info for diving and camping.
    On your trip to/from there, you can also stop in Collioure (France).
    Best
    Philippe
    +1 for l'estartit.
    Been there several times. beautiful diving in natural park... lots of life in what we can call groupertown
    Only problem (like in several area in spain or france : a ****ing nightmare to park your car
    enjoy

PS : I am partial to collioure and argeles so I cant speak about them

Quote Originally Posted by thetrickster  View Original Post
    I have never encountered any other water craft while diving in tarifa (with YellowSub) but then again I also dive off their boat!

All the windsurfers are on the west side (by the beach). All the decent diving is on the south

Regards

Rich.
    Hi Rich,
    I hope I did not offend you. Obviously Tarifa is a nice place to dive but I just had a very bad experience with windsurfers...
    I think it is quite a problem in many areas.
    For example some spots in Dahab (red sea) are very problematic to dive. Thanks god they are not the best... For ex no windsurfer at the blue hole or the canyon as far as I know.
    I repeat (oh ye, already getting senile) : a SMB will NOT necessarly protect you
    Take care guys

APD Evolution Vision

Quote Originally Posted by LeCrabe  View Original Post
    I hope I did not offend you.
    No, not at all

And you're right, parking is a nightmare!! Even now in low season in Spain!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast