+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Photo's from the red sea

RBW Member LeCrabe is an unknown quantity at this point LeCrabe's Avatar
    rEvo III mCCR mini titanium

Re: Photo's from the red sea

Once upon a time they spoke about to make mandatory locator beacon on buddy pairs. Are they enforcing this now ?
    At the brothers the risk however minimal exists to get lost if you dont stay near the reef.
    If I go again I would take a locator, your thoughts?

Scuba Nerd voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Ray, RG-UF/M , FGT I/D

In our case we had to take at least one SMB per diver with us. And show on the first dive that we knew how to shoot it properly.

I have my own PLB that I always take with me when diving at sea. I told the guides on board that I have it. So in case I would be lost, they at least can tell the airplanes to look for a signal on the standard frequencies.

For these remote islands I think it is a wise investment to buy and bring one. Current can be incredibly strong. And waiting too long to shoot an SMB might get you out of sight of the crew.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Thank you!

Very nice pictures.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Thanks for posting, very nice photos, really like the one of the juvenile Thresher shark... -Andy

Forever Learning kennethw is an unknown quantity at this point kennethw's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT / full rMS

Dräger Dolphin (mCCR)

Nice pictures ... interesting to see 2 divers side-by-side, but one in boardshorts and a skin, and the other in a drysuit. Not sure to feel hot or cold.

Scuba Nerd voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Ray, RG-UF/M , FGT I/D

thanks!

I opted for a 7mm wetsuit, so just fitting in between my dry-suit and shorty buddy. Kept me warm enough during a 220 minutes dive, but I don't know if I could have done that in a shorty

Alin Ardelean alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin's Avatar
    Bastardized SW Inspo

Inspo Classic, Hammer Inspo

Quote Originally Posted by Chris at Silent World  View Original Post
    great shots. Why is there never any current unless Im there???!!

If you floated 4 stages like that around here they would be 2 miles away in a flash!
    The current was very strong, like Jaap said, some scooters were just useless. That shot was taken on a part of the reep that was just before we've reached the open gates of Poseidon :)

Alin Ardelean alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin's Avatar
    Bastardized SW Inspo

Inspo Classic, Hammer Inspo

Quote Originally Posted by voets  View Original Post
    thanks!

I opted for a 7mm wetsuit, so just fitting in between my dry-suit and shorty buddy. Kept me warm enough during a 220 minutes dive, but I don't know if I could have done that in a shorty
    I think I have used a 3 mm shorty on one of the dives :)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2