+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What about the Titan?

Chris Ferrar hyrax is an unknown quantity at this point hyrax's Avatar
    Evolution

What about the Titan?

Ok, like it says what about the titan. It seems like it has been out there for some time, but what I have seen is people saying they have a titan on order, just got their titan, ect. But then nothing much else. Why is this? are all the owners out diving and canít be bothered posting? Bought hate it and don't want to admit it? What's the deal, and I for sure have never seen a second hand one.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Re: What about the Titan?

It's not a bad unit...

There simply are not a lot of them out there...

If I was looking to buy my first unit, I would probably lean towards something that others I dove with were using.

That way there is a higher probability of common spares and tribal knowledge...

Just my 2 cents...

M

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    It's not a bad unit...

There simply are not a lot of them out there...

If I was looking to buy my first unit, I would probably lean towards something that others I dove with were using.

That way there is a higher probability of common spares and tribal knowledge...

Just my 2 cents...

M
    Well the only one of my dive buddies currently diving a rebreather is Garth, who just won the Hammer Head. One of the considerations, since I'm a Padi Tec Deep instructor, is what units are "Padi approved". While this is not a driver for my decision I certainly want to consider all the ones that are Padi approved. The titan seems to be the only one that there is not a lot of information out there on.

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by hyrax  View Original Post
    Well the only one of my dive buddies currently diving a rebreather is Garth, who just won the Hammer Head. One of the considerations, since I'm a Padi Tec Deep instructor, is what units are "Padi approved". While this is not a driver for my decision I certainly want to consider all the ones that are Padi approved. The titan seems to be the only one that there is not a lot of information out there on.
    Probably the first time ever I have seen PADI used as a reason to purchase a specific unit. Unless PADI is paying for the unit, I would spend my own money on the best unit I could afford.

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

+1

Maybe the disco is the way you should go... pretty entry level.

Quote Originally Posted by DwayneJ  View Original Post
    Probably the first time ever I have seen PADI used as a reason to purchase a specific unit. Unless PADI is paying for the unit, I would spend my own money on the best unit I could afford.

RBW Member mr.wolf is an unknown quantity at this point mr.wolf's Avatar
    Titan

I dive the Titan with a few others here in SoCal. I love my unit. I find a lot of people that dive RB's are just not that active on forums.

My other guess is that Titan doesn't pay as much in advertising as some of the other big companies and there fore you don't see as many around. But make no mistake the Titan is a great rebreather.

Evolution

Trust me PADI is not a reason for buying a unit. Just something that I have looked at. I'm not completely nuts.

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by mr.wolf  View Original Post
    I dive the Titan with a few others here in SoCal. I love my unit. I find a lot of people that dive Rebreather's are just not that active on forums.

My other guess is that Titan doesn't pay as much in advertising as some of the other big companies and there fore you don't see as many around. But make no mistake the Titan is a great rebreather.
    I've really been looking for current owners to see how happy they are with their unit. Sounds like you have no real complants? Are you using the repackable scrubber?

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

I think what he was saying is that if he can teach on it then he may be able to convince the wife on making a big purchase.

Utility, right?

But you would be able to teach TDI though right given the shop you work with?

Sent from my She-er-water Per-redator!

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Which by the way his wife hates me now that I won it... and I thought she liked me...
    I think it's a stage.

Sent from my She-er-water Per-redator!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast