+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ttl solutions for 5D in Aquatica housing

Alin Ardelean alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin's Avatar
    Bastardized SW Inspo

Inspo Classic, Hammer Inspo

ttl solutions for 5D in Aquatica housing

Hello guys.

A friend of mine is selling his slightly used gear (Canon 5D and Aquatica housing) and I am thinking to upgrade my old system. At the moment I am using a Canon D400 in Sealux housing with internal HW TTL converter. My question is, does anybody uses the Sea and Sea TTL converter with an Aquatica housing with Inon Z240 strobes? Sea and Sea are saying that their TTL converter will work only with the Sea and Sea strobes but others might have a different opinion, like this one here Inon Z240 Review|Underwater Photography Guide
    Anybody have any experience with the following system: Canon 5D, Aquatica housing, Sea and Sea external TTL, dual Inon Z240? Or maybe any other TTL solutions? The internal TTL from HW works great but I want to avoid a rewiring inside. Plus, if the ttl's battery dies, you can't control the strobes even manually.
    Many thanks in advance.
    alin

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Re: ttl solutions for 5D in Aquatica housing

Hi Alin,

I have a MkII, Aquatica housing and Inon Z240 strobes and run everything manually. I've found once you get a feel for it you can dial in exactly what you want rather than get what it thinks you need.

Regards,

Lance

Alin Ardelean alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin's Avatar
    Bastardized SW Inspo

Inspo Classic, Hammer Inspo

Re: ttl solutions for 5D in Aquatica housing

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer4545  View Original Post
    Hi Alin,

I have a MkII, Aquatica housing and Inon Z240 strobes and run everything manually. I've found once you get a feel for it you can dial in exactly what you want rather than get what it thinks you need.

Regards,

Lance
    I know what you mean Lance, I have been using my system manually for about 2 years but to be honest, the HW ttl converter worked fine but on the other side it made me maybe a bit lazy if you know what I mean. The HW ttl converter it works amazing, even against the natural light but I don't want to rewire again the cables... But if I can't find a ttl solution for this, I will run it again manually.
    Regards.
    alin

+ Reply to Thread