+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Water in Exhale Lung?

RBW Member thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster's Avatar
    APD Evolution Vision

Water in Exhale Lung?

Did a couple of dives last weekend and after each dive, there was an abnormal amount of water in the exhale counter lung - and a tiny bit in the bottom of the canister. Undo the MAV and it will come running out. Dives sub 1 hour. So I dont think its all dribble!

The Unit holds a positive test and so too the negative (there is a tiny tiny whistling sound from the o2 mav when doing neg mind - but holds).

I've asked my buddies to look for bubbles while diving - none. At this point I will order new MAV parts for the counterlung base and a new dump too. But any other suggestions where the water could be coming from?

I have the OCB, but on either dive did not do any in-water bailouts.

Rich
    Last edited by thetrickster; 5th December 2012 at 10:21.

RBW Member kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver's Avatar
    evo+,deep pursuit

Re: Water in Exhale Lung?

Take a 13 mm Allen key and check the manual add base that screws to the counter lung

RBW Member thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster's Avatar
    APD Evolution Vision

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidiver  View Original Post
    Take a 13 mm Allen key and check the manual add base that screws to the counter lung
    Yep, I've retightened the bases today, they weren't loose, but I did make them tighter - got to be careful not to snap them.

RBW Member Narcotic is an unknown quantity at this point Narcotic's Avatar
    JJ

some months ago my base broke, and some water entered the CL, I think I overtied it, it's just plastic...
    but spares are cheap :)

RBW Member Idive will become famous soon enough Idive will become famous soon enough Idive will become famous soon enough Idive's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT RMS

Inspiration Vision & Classic

I had the same issue for quite a while when I first got my Inspiration. I actually had 2 separate issues. The O-ring that seals the opening of the DSV when rotated had some debris that would sometimes make it leak, and other times not so much. Found that when I disassembled the DSV and replaced the valves and O-ring. The other was the silicone mouthpiece was not sealing well where the tie-wrap holds it on. Neither of these will show in a positive or negative check (unless the debris affects the seal when closed, which mine didn't). I was getting frustrated thinking it was loose lips until I got it sorted out.
    Dave
    Last edited by Idive; 5th December 2012 at 12:27. Reason: fat fingers

APD Evolution Vision

Thanks, I think that could be it. Will strip down tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Idive  View Original Post
    I had the same issue for quite a while when I first got my Inspiration. I actually had 2 separate issues. The O-ring that seals the opening of the DSV when rotated had some debris that would sometimes make it leak, and other times not so much. Found that when I disassembled the DSV and replaced the valves and O-ring. The other was the silicone mouthpiece was not sealing well where the tie-wrap holds it on. Neither of these will show in a positive or negative check (unless the debris affects the seal when closed, which mine didn't). I was getting frustrated thinking it was loose lips until I got it sorted out.
    Dave

Jakob Selbing jaksel will become famous soon enough jaksel will become famous soon enough jaksel will become famous soon enough jaksel's Avatar
    AP Evolution+

Check your mouthpiece carefully. A small crack or hole in the mouthpiece can be practically invisible if you don't pull and twist it a bit.

RBW Member LeCrabe is an unknown quantity at this point LeCrabe's Avatar
    rEvo III mCCR mini titanium

... and stop drooling...
    Ok I could not resist... Take care

APD Evolution Vision

Quote Originally Posted by LeCrabe  View Original Post
    ... and stop drooling...
    Ok I could not resist... Take care
    I wish I could!! You should see some of the female diver guides......... If I could be 20 again with the knowledge I have now..lol

Regards

Rich.

Cut along dotted line... Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaksel  View Original Post
    Check your mouthpiece carefully. A small crack or hole in the mouthpiece can be practically invisible if you don't pull and twist it a bit.
    Good advice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast