+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Key largo

RBW Member Bjtatz is an unknown quantity at this point Bjtatz's Avatar
    Sentinel

Key largo

Hi all ,
    Just wondered if anyone could help with some info and advice ?

I'm travelling from uk to Florida in April for 3weeks and one week of that is chilling in key largo , this gives me a chance while my family chills in the sun to do some diving !

So my point is I'm wanting to take my rebreather so I can clock up some hours ( at least 2 a day while I'm there ) in the 48 metre range and up so I can work towards my mod 2 and wondered if anyone could recommend a great outfit than can supply all else I need including great sites and someone to dive with as I'm without a dive buddy on the trip ??

Cheers BJ

RBW Member Fldvr is an unknown quantity at this point Fldvr's Avatar
    Silent World is always a good start. You might want to contact Chris in advance to see if there are enough divers to run a trip, otherwise it will be the Speigle Grove, Bib, Duane. There are double dips on these trips where you and your buddy can run extended bottom times.
    Henry

Sentinel

Thanks Henry i'll have a little search up on silent world :)

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: Key largo

+1 for Silent World. They support rebreathers and have a couple of nice boats. This is a no BS CCR oriented outfit. I was very happy with the way all the staff treated us in May this year.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Silent world gets my vote too.

Moving north, check out Pompano Dive Center in Pompano Beach. Great diving and lots of locals on CCR.

Sentinel

Sounds great , what I'm hoping is to arrange 6days diving with a couple of hours each day but as I'm going without my own buddies do you think this is something I'd be able to work with them ?? I don't mind a mixture of sites and depths I just would like to get some experience and time on my own rebreather in some warm water for a nice change ;)

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Bjtatz  View Original Post
    Sounds great , what I'm hoping is to arrange 6days diving with a couple of hours each day but as I'm going without my own buddies do you think this is something I'd be able to work with them ?? I don't mind a mixture of sites and depths I just would like to get some experience and time on my own rebreather in some warm water for a nice change ;)
    The owner, Chris is a member here Rebreather World - View Profile: Chris at Silent World

Just contact him. He's even an expat Brit so he's hard to understand but means well ;)
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member ctonrugby02 is an unknown quantity at this point ctonrugby02's Avatar

SW is pretty good about understanding their clients and doing what is best for all parties. Recommend checking their website out and contacting Chris. He is generally pretty good one email. If there's an outfit that is most likely to accommodate it would be them. Not that the others aren't reasonable or anything - it's just that SW is very technical and CCR focused. Wouldn't be surprised if he went on a dive or two with you.

RBW Member Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester's Avatar
    rEvo III Magnum

Silent World, can also do your mod 2 while you are there.

Sentinel

Thanks all for the info guys ,this is exactly what I was hoping for :)
    My mod 2 is already in planning as is also a master class with Phil short and poss Kev Gurr with a few others we are going to Divetech cayman next November so some great learning to do so I'm thinking the trip to key largo would be a great chance just to dive my unit and enjoy the views :)
    I will definitely get hold of Chris and start planning .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast