+ Reply to Thread

Thread: APD Communicator Software

RBW Member Brummkreisel is an unknown quantity at this point Brummkreisel's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Submatix SMS

APD Communicator Software

After recently changing PC including switch to Windows 7 I'm facing every now and then that the download of the last dives is cancelled. That happens at any point in time between 0% and 99% progress. The first succesful download happend after roughly 50 attempts

Under XP I had the same problem from time to time but latest after 5 attempts the data have been downloaded.

Does anybody have an idea why that happens?

RBW Member steve6690 has a spectacular aura about steve6690 has a spectacular aura about steve6690 has a spectacular aura about steve6690 has a spectacular aura about steve6690 has a spectacular aura about steve6690's Avatar
    AP Inspiration Vision

Re: APD Communicator Software

No idea why, but I am having the same problem with my Windows 7 laptop.

RBW Member steve6690 has a spectacular aura about steve6690 has a spectacular aura about steve6690 has a spectacular aura about steve6690 has a spectacular aura about steve6690 has a spectacular aura about steve6690's Avatar
    AP Inspiration Vision

I have just changed to the latest driver and the problem has gone.

PL-2303H / 2303HX / 2303HXD Drivers | Prolific USA

I have the Gembird cable from AP

RBW Member Martin Parker is on a distinguished road Martin Parker is on a distinguished road Martin Parker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve6690  View Original Post
    No idea why, but I am having the same problem with my Windows 7 laptop.
    I had the same issue when I changed to Windows 7. I had a lot of direct communication with Prolific/Gembird and tried all their latest drivers. It would work on some USB ports on the laptop but not on others but always seemed intermittent - it was very strange.

The solution in the end was to change out the cable for the FTDI USB to serial conversion cable and that works great. Our prod. code is EV91/04A - £24 inc. VAT

A.P.Diving Direct

RBW Member Brummkreisel is an unknown quantity at this point Brummkreisel's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Submatix SMS

Quote Originally Posted by steve6690  View Original Post
    I have just changed to the latest driver and the problem has gone.

PL-2303H / 2303HX / 2303HXD Drivers | Prolific USA

I have the Gembird cable from AP
    After some back and forth with installation and de-installation of all stuff I got it working with the new driver. In the beginning in the usual way with multiple attempts without success.

But today I got in one shot w/o any problem, surprise, surprise

Might be I followed the right procedure
    • connect cable to both sides
    • open APD communicator
    • start vision software
    • start download
    I'm looking forward for the next time ....

RBW Member catalina_mike is an unknown quantity at this point catalina_mike's Avatar
    Evolution+

Classic Inspo

Drivers are a strange thing indeed. Plug in the adapter then start the software. I also force the comm port using the properties of the driver then configure the software for the port then it is consistent. We use usb adapters for our automation software and they are tricky for sure. I am running Win 7 64 bit with no issue.

+ Reply to Thread