+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: KISS Spirit CCR

RBW Member Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy's Avatar
    GAF mccr,rEvoII

Dolphin,Pelagian

Re: KISS Spirit CCR

Three cell display??,cheap three cell displays have been around for years,look at Mark Munro's range ,so to say they would add that much to price is a bit of a stretch. I use Gorilla Diving's ppo2 display as my secondary,it has one Display which you can set to cycle from 1-7 sec and it also gives high and low ppo2 thresholds and a HUD function and all for a couple of hundred .$300-$400 ????

Just add ice & water plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma's Avatar
    O2 Apocalypse

DIY, Inspiration Classic

IMHO this is more about delivering a unit not meeting today's standards/expectations. It's not about price.

It's funny so few are worried about a unit with single fisher connected display. It's like technology from 12 years ago.

A good analogy would be a LDS selling regular air cylinders for O2 use. After you ask about O2 compatibility the LDS only suggest cleaning it yourself or paying extra for O2 cleaned tanks. Air tanks should not be sold for O2 use as such.

A RB unit with only one fisher connected monitor without isolation should not even be offered.

The lungs and scrubbers seem unique and interesting.
    One worrying thing in the video is the suggestion of swapping the inhale/exhale scrubber without refilling. Second thing is refilling the inhale srubber only without revo style rotation.

RBW Member Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young's Avatar
    Super KISS

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kennedy  View Original Post
    Three cell display??,cheap three cell displays have been around for years,look at Mark Munro's range ,so to say they would add that much to price is a bit of a stretch. I use Gorilla Diving's ppo2 display as my secondary,it has one Display which you can set to cycle from 1-7 sec and it also gives high and low ppo2 thresholds and a HUD function and all for a couple of hundred .$300-$400 ????
    Ok then buy that one. Or build your own.

RBW Member Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young's Avatar
    Super KISS

Quote Originally Posted by plazma  View Original Post
    IMHO this is more about delivering a unit not meeting today's standards/expectations. It's not about price.

It's funny so few are worried about a unit with single fisher connected display. It's like technology from 12 years ago.

A good analogy would be a LDS selling regular air cylinders for O2 use. After you ask about O2 compatibility the LDS only suggest cleaning it yourself or paying extra for O2 cleaned tanks. Air tanks should not be sold for O2 use as such.

A Rebreather unit with only one fisher connected monitor without isolation should not even be offered.

The lungs and scrubbers seem unique and interesting.
    One worrying thing in the video is the suggestion of swapping the inhale/exhale scrubber without refilling. Second thing is refilling the inhale srubber only without revo style rotation.
    THERE ARE 2 PORT to pluge in 2 monitors!!!!!

RBW Member FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Quote Originally Posted by Packhorse  View Original Post
    ...snip...
    Also am I correct in that it is recommended to discard the exhale scrubber and replace it while leaving the inhale scrubber alone??? Or simply swapping the positions of both scrubbers ( no new scrubber) on short dives???? Please please please tell me its not so.
    That's the way I saw it explained in the video For a short dive, swap the inhale scrubber to the exhale and dump/fill the old exhale and install in the inhale side (very rEvo'esqe). BUT he definitely said on longer dives to just dump/fill the exhale scrubber and replace in same spot, leaving the inhale scrubber alone. Must be some kind of mix up on the explanation, cause that shouldn't happen (imo).
    Ok, but I do like the single O2 tin with the Dil coming from the B/O. I'm not seeing one, but is there a down side to this?

Franco

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

He was on the spot in the video, I'm sure most of the guys who are critical of this understand the rEvo rotation process, and I'm sure KISS will have it documented with the right message by the release time.

Dave

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoC  View Original Post
    Ok, but I do like the single O2 tin with the Dil coming from the B/O. I'm not seeing one, but is there a down side to this?

Franco
    Only "down side" if you want to call it that is that you will always have to carry a bail out tank even if you are only doing a 6 meter dive since you will need an inflation gas.

I think its a great set up. Means you have one less tank to worry about and you can use just about any tank you want for DIL/bail out. I have used a similar system for the last year or so.

RBW Member jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT

Pelagian DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Packhorse  View Original Post
    Only "down side" if you want to call it that is that you will always have to carry a bail out tank even if you are only doing a 6 meter dive since you will need an inflation gas.

I think its a great set up. Means you have one less tank to worry about and you can use just about any tank you want for DIL/bail out. I have used a similar system for the last year or so.
    Why not use oxygen as inflation-gas?

Just oxygen-clean the inflator, and it should pose no more risk than a manual O2-add-button...

Also, what happens if you are on a deeper dive, and you lose your bailout... Sure, no problem, as you can ride the loop to the surface. However, if you happen to be a bit negatively buoyant at depth at any time, you might struggle a bit, as you have nothing to inflate your wing with, except by orally inflating.
    And after orally inflating the wing, you go back on the loop, and find you lack a bit of loop-volume, which means you must inject more gas, and the only gas you have available is oxygen...

By using onboard oxygen as inflation-gas, you avoid that problem. Also, if you lose the oxygen, the dil/bailout can easily be used to orally inflate the wing.

Another consequense of using O2 as the inflator-gas is, that if you for some reason other than lack of oxygen, have to bail-out, you can still use it as a breathing-gas by breathing from the (freeflowing) inflator.

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

There is no real reason you cant use O2 as an inflation gas.
    But there is the issue of it costing more than air and you only have a relatively small O2 supply.

Just some other thought on the design.

Since the counter lungs are after the exhale scrubber then there is no where for any water to travel except through the scrubber.
    Also since the counter lungs are next to each other without a scrubber in between the dwell time of the gas in the scrubber is pretty short, comparable to a single counter lung design.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Although I have no desire to buy a Spirit, I applaud Mike for bringing a new product to market. I wish him all the best with this and his other endeavors.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast