+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: KISS Spirit CCR

Underwater Journal Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns's Avatar
    KISS Explorer & Spirit LTE

KIS Sport, KISS GEM, Dolphin

Re: KISS Spirit CCR

Couple points here:
    The counter lungs on the Spirit originate from point just above the Diver's lower back and wrap forward around the waist. The Pelagian on the other hand start from the top of the Diver's shoulders and transition over the shoulders and down the front ending almost under the arms.

As for the WOB on the Spirit, it breaths easier than the Classic all positions except in head down, almost vertical diving position, especially during descent.

This I know, having preformed a few dives on one.

Scrubber duration, longer than the Sport, but will have the real numbers soon.

As for only a single Fischer cable, that was in the first couple of Beta models, the finale versions will have one Fischer cable installed as standard with a second port available for the installation of a second cable or HUD.

I will put out full detailed review on it after I get my hands on a full production model in January.
    Walt Stearns
    Editor-in-Chief
    www.UnderwaterJournal.com

Dive Junkie Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Kiss Spirit, Sidekick, GEM

Great video Curt!

The scrubber is an update to the KISS Sport design (bi-axial). The new configuration actually improves scrubber efficiency while reducing WOB. It also makes the scrubber much easier to pack than the Sport.
    Last edited by Dave O; 24th November 2012 at 15:13. Reason: add scrubber description

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

I think it's great to see another new CCR at DEMA and from KISS as this must be one of the busiest DEMAs in terms of product launches in the last few years. If feels refreshing, even if the designs look similar, but each of them brings in something new to the table and experience of different divers who design them.

Having said that - I don't like the Fisher too and the guy might need to work on his sales pitch a bit more...
    Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

Still Searching matt_reed is an unknown quantity at this point matt_reed's Avatar
    Pelagian

Kind of hard to compare the lungs without seeing them in a bit more detail. The Pelagian ones are definitely higher up the chest and on the front - those appear to be lower and more to the back.

Bit confused about the PO2 display which seems like a step back in time...do you have to wait for each cell value to cycle round? So rather than seeing all cells displayed at once you have to look at the display for 30secs and individually read each value?

RBW Member markdol2 is an unknown quantity at this point markdol2's Avatar
    hammerhead extreeme

Holy Shit! Was that the most scary video or am i just a newb?

RBW Member Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young's Avatar
    Super KISS

Quote Originally Posted by matt_reed  View Original Post
    Kind of hard to compare the lungs without seeing them in a bit more detail. The Pelagian ones are definitely higher up the chest and on the front - those appear to be lower and more to the back.

Bit confused about the PO2 display which seems like a step back in time...do you have to wait for each cell value to cycle round? So rather than seeing all cells displayed at once you have to look at the display for 30secs and individually read each value?
    We are offering a very low cost method to monitor PPO2. If you want something faster and more high Tec, then it is available as a third party computer.
    Last edited by Curt Bowen; 25th November 2012 at 05:22.

Pom in Aus louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin's Avatar
    Meg & GAF

Kiss Classic & Sports Kiss

I have always been a big fan of the sports kiss I dive the Classic as well. What I love about the sports kiss is how easy it was to prep, breakdown and clean the only downside was the scrubber. It looks like they have now addressed this shortcoming my only criticism of the rig is I like to see all 3 cell readings displayed at once and was hoping the new display would do this. You will also need another independent pp02 monitors like a HUD or plumb in a computer. I used to love my secondary hammerhead display this gave me all 3 PP02 readings as well as the depth and time. Looks like a good unit I just hope they do not want you to do another course to dive it that would be a very BIG negative IMHO.

Louis
    Last edited by louisrankin; 25th November 2012 at 07:08.

Pom in Aus louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin's Avatar
    Meg & GAF

Kiss Classic & Sports Kiss

But it is great to see that Kiss has a new lease of life I am sure Gordon would be very proud.

Louis
    Last edited by louisrankin; 25th November 2012 at 10:21.

RBW Member Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young's Avatar
    Super KISS

Quote Originally Posted by louisrankin  View Original Post
    I have always been a big fan of the sports kiss I dive the Classic as well. What I love about the sports kiss is how easy it was to prep, breakdown and clean the only downside was the scrubber. It looks like they have now addressed this shortcoming my only criticism of the rig is I like to see all 3 cell readings displayed at once and was hoping the new display would do this. You will also need another independent pp02 monitors like a HUD or plumb in a computer. I used to love my secondary hammerhead display this gave me all 3 PP02 readings as well as the depth and time. Looks like a good unit I just hope they do not want you to do another course to dive it that would be a very BIG negative IMHO.

Louis
    it has a second port to plug a HUD or second computer

RBW Member Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy's Avatar
    GAF mccr,rEvoII

Dolphin,Pelagian

Quote Originally Posted by louisrankin  View Original Post

Louis
    So you will be trading the Meg in on a Spirit ??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast