+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: KISS Spirit CCR

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

KISS Spirit CCR

from Curt Bowen on Vimeo.

l MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD's Avatar
    classic, sports Kiss

Azimuth, mccr azi

Re: KISS Spirit CCR

thanks Curt

hopefully kiss will release some spec's soon, ie , depth rating (60m would be nice), scrubber duration and photos of how the unit sits on a person and where the cl attached/go etc.

pricing would be nice as well!

Matthew

RBW Member Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy's Avatar
    GAF mccr,rEvoII

Dolphin,Pelagian

Seems to me that there is not any new ideas here, I am sure Andy Fritz at Rebreather Lab has curved lungs that wrap around your ribsand as for scrubber I think a guy called Paul Raymakers has somthing like that........

l MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD's Avatar
    classic, sports Kiss

Azimuth, mccr azi

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kennedy  View Original Post
    Seems to me that there is not any new ideas here, I am sure Andy Fritz at Rebreather Lab has curved lungs that wrap around your ribsand as for scrubber I think a guy called Paul Raymakers has somthing like that........
    like all things Chris, the proof will be in the pudding! May not be new, but if it works, then it may be useful/fun to dive.

Interesting that they have finally gone away from the original ADV.

Matt

RBW Member happy58900 is an unknown quantity at this point happy58900's Avatar
    Kiss !Kiss / GAF Hammerhead

Quote Originally Posted by MHD  View Original Post
    like all things Chris, the proof will be in the pudding! May not be new, but if it works, then it may be useful/fun to dive.

Matt
    Matt moving away from that old ADV is the biggest plus !

classic, sports Kiss

Azimuth, mccr azi

Quote Originally Posted by happy58900  View Original Post
    Matt moving away from that old ADV is the biggest plus !
    funnily I just spend the day on the lathe, making a shipwreck adv fit a sport kiss and getting it tuned properly. Both our units have aftermarket adv's. I understood kiss's ideas regarding why the ADV was set the way it was, but in reality it was a distraction from comfortable diving. both Rachel and mine are set so as to really keep loop volume on descent without out any thought or action by us, but still not hair trigger. Makes diving a breeze on them.

Matt

RBW Member Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy's Avatar
    GAF mccr,rEvoII

Dolphin,Pelagian

Quote Originally Posted by MHD  View Original Post

Matt
    They do work Matt, I have dive a curved set of counterlungs on my creation's on and off since I owned a Pelagian a few years ago they are great breathers. If you listen to what the guy says quote"It's unique because it has wrap around counterlungs which nobody else around the world is using" THAT IS WHAT I COMMENTED ON" It was unique when Andy used them so what the KISS guy said is not really true or to quote the old saying "Credit where credit is due and on a commercial unit that my friend goes to Andy Fritz of Rebreather Lab"

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kennedy  View Original Post
    They do work Matt, I have dive a curved set of counterlungs on my creation's on and off since I owned a Pelagian a few years ago they are great breathers. If you listen to what the guy says quote"It's unique because it has wrap around counterlungs which nobody else around the world is using" THAT IS WHAT I COMMENTED ON" It was unique when Andy used them so what the KISS guy said is not really true or to quote the old saying "Credit where credit is due and on a commercial unit that my friend goes to Andy Fritz of Rebreather Lab"
    Hello Chris, definitely worth pointing out the similarities to the Pelagian. I'm sure this will improve on the KISS CK WOB, however, I'm very curious to know how the lower position of the rib lungs compares to the slightly higher over the shoulder to under arm position of the Pelagian.

And, I have to wonder why after such a big loop redesign, they still prefer putting the ADV and OPV in a position where they are not easy to reach/manipulate or monitor for leaks, both of which do happen... -Andy

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

The O2 onboard, and standard side mount dil idea is very sensible, glad to see somebody trying to make that idea more practicable. No doubt it's a safer way to structure CCR configuration. Maybe they have taken note of how Curt and others dive the CK... -Andy

Just add ice & water plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma's Avatar
    O2 Apocalypse

DIY, Inspiration Classic

The wrap around ribs counter lungs are positioned quite low. How does the unit breath when in vertical position?

Two narrow axial scrubbers in series. WOB may be quite high. It would be great to see some real wob measures.

Only one monitor with fisher connector. Quite far away from the original KISS. A death trap IMHO.