+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ice diving in Russia

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

Ice diving in Russia

I've got to share this one.

Check this out - ice diving in Russia in -20C (-2F). It drags on a bit at the beginning and I cannot figure out what they are saying, so fast forward to 3:15 if you want.

I love when they start pouring hot drinks over free flowing regs. Then the flooded and frozen video housing topped it up.

Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

Sorta New Member w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

ISC Hammer-MEG

Re: Ice diving in Russia

That is funny. I like the part where the diver is walking in the snow/ice with his fins on, LOL. BTW, what were they trying to film?
    Bill Ripley

Rebreathers are something that we have to go to in order to dive the way we want to dive. They are not something we go to for any other reason.

Just another Meg diver trimix1965 is an unknown quantity at this point trimix1965's Avatar
    Megladon Apecs 2.01

If only I new what they were saying , I like when they pure coffee on the reg.

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Love the part where he is dragging his camera housing through the snow!

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Wow what a comedy. They do get an A for effort thou.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

All The Gear, No Idea windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller's Avatar

When I went ice diving in Norway, thats what we had to use to defrost the 1st stages as they had ice cubes on them.....I hate coffee!

RBW Member Chii is on a distinguished road Chii is on a distinguished road Chii's Avatar

If you dip your 2nd stage in the wather and then take a breath when it is -20 it will freeze up quite bady. Why does'nt he have drygloves when ice diving i always do?

If you are carful never to brethe unless your 2nd stage is under wather and have a good regulator icediving i no issue. The troble starts when getting out of your gear when wet. Sometimes you end up driving home in your drysuit.

RBW Member DOLPHIN DIVER is an unknown quantity at this point DOLPHIN DIVER's Avatar
    Dolphin

Hi all ,

Wenn I went ice diving in Bakal lake ( Siberia ) , we have put some Vodka in our Poseidon's first stages to avoid free flow , and after a week of diving , we have drunk it with our russian's diving guide

Best regards ,

Claude .
    Attached Images

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Quote Originally Posted by DOLPHIN DIVER  View Original Post
    Hi all ,

Wenn I went ice diving in Bakal lake ( Siberia ) , we have put some Vodka in our Poseidon's first stages to avoid free flow , and after a week of diving , we have drunk it with our russian's diving guide

Best regards ,

Claude .
    Awesome picture!

RBW Member DOLPHIN DIVER is an unknown quantity at this point DOLPHIN DIVER's Avatar
    Dolphin

Thanks a lot Randy ! It was taken with a nikon F3T , Velvia 50 , ambient light , 1/60e at f5,6 . Then I scan the slide with a Coolscan LS5000 .
    I went there at the begining of March .

Best regards ,

Claude .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast