+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drive Gas

RBW Member tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris's Avatar
    Evolution, Side-mount Meg

Meg

Drive Gas

The GEM and the sidemount Gem do they have a limitation on the drive gas that can be used?

Thinking about deeper dives. I like the compact easy to carry through the swamps but concerned over the depths it can be used without having to carry a drive gas and a bailout gas.

Any ideas if they are going to build a CCR unit?

Thanks for the assistance. I have no experience with SCRs....

Tony Flaris

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Re: Drive Gas

The GEM can run O2, Nitrox, or trimix.

RBW Member tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris's Avatar

Meg

I understood it could only be used with 36 percent for swallow dives to prevent hypoxia.

TF

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

I'm finishing getting certifed on my GEM to 160ft through IANTD using trimix, as well as deco gases right now.

Meg

Cool. What are you using as a drive gas?

What's your bailout gas?

Meg

KISS

30/20, last mix was 29/17, bailout gas really depends on the dive environment, if open water, or overhead. By rule you arent supposed to dive below your BO gas, but if I'm not in a technical overhead, I dont go by that rule and assume in a BO I instantly go up 20-30ft, get my bearings, and then decide what to do.

Now on a GEM, your BO gas can either be your back gas OR a BO bottle.

I'm currently configured with my BO off of my back gas, and a bailout bottle w/7ft hose for air share, etc.

I'm debating my BO configuration, once I get gas switching setup.

+ Reply to Thread