+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Submatix Sidemount Bailout Rebreather

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

Inspiration Vision, rEvo II Hy

Re: Submatix Sidemount Bailout Rebreather

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Interesting. I hadn't seen anything showing the SF2 with self-contained cylinders. I really hope there is a chance that some of these will be available at BTS in March.
    Ken
    Sorry I just reread what you said. The SF2 are NOT contained in the unit which I take it was your meaning ? They are on the outside . Sorry I misunderstood you originally .
    Colin

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

No worries, Colin. Yes, I was referring to the SM200 having the 1L cylinders fully contained within the unit. I find the flexibility of configuration tempting. I just wish it wouldn't take so damn long to get these things into production so we can see them.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Old st(r)ockfish Naumachos is on a distinguished road Naumachos is on a distinguished road Naumachos's Avatar
    Megalodon 2.5

No worries, Colin. Yes, I was referring to the SM200 having the 1L cylinders fully contained within the unit. I find the flexibility of configuration tempting. I just wish it wouldn't take so damn long to get these things into production so we can see them.
    I had a price list from Submatix writing them,with all the accessories quoted.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Naumachos  View Original Post
    I had a price list from Submatix writing them,with all the accessories quoted.
    Care to share it?
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Old st(r)ockfish Naumachos is on a distinguished road Naumachos is on a distinguished road Naumachos's Avatar
    Megalodon 2.5

Care to share it?
    matthias@submatix.com or send me in pvt your email address,don't now if i can post price list here (i'm not involved in any manner with S.M.,off course)

Megalodon 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by jont  View Original Post
    The one concern I have is the proprietary electronics package that the SMS 200 uses, if the company goes under, then what?
    This is my concern too,i like FLEX for the option offered.
    My goal is a mccr kiss style,simple analogic ppo2 display (Munro's style) + hud, O2 on board + dil off board.

RBW Member Stewart Andrews is an unknown quantity at this point Stewart Andrews's Avatar

This looks like it will be a great unit.
    I have been waiting a long time for a bail-out unit and would be happy to test this at depth, mainly because our dive times run from 2.5 hours to 5.5 hours and we obviously can not carry enough OC gas.
    I dive an Inspiration with Vision electronics, off Ireland.

RBW Member AQUANOMAD is an unknown quantity at this point AQUANOMAD's Avatar
    rEvo FT

Inspiration, Evolution

Also excited to see/try this. Im looking at the Gem as well but really like the integrated bottles on the Submatix. Just makes it so clean.

RBW Member David Street is an unknown quantity at this point David Street's Avatar
    Modified Inspiration Vision

Sidemount DS-SM200

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, can I say a huge thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I have read al lof them. It's great to see so much interest in this product.

For those of you that don't know, this isn't a Submatix product.
    The sidemount rebreather that is being shown off at Southern Cross Divers (and being promoted globally) is in fact made by Dive Systems Ltd., a UK company. However, we are using some Submatix components.

Dive Systems was involved with Submatix in some early development work, but then developed it's own smaller, lighter, modular sidemount rebreather. That product is called Proteus.

For those of you that are interested, there is a Dive Systems Facebook group and you are welcome to join it or just take a look at what we're up to.

I will also try to start a new thread within Rebreather World.

Dive Systems is currently building it's website and I'll post the URL as soon as it's up.

I'm currently in Perth, Australia with 3 prototype units. It's all about testing and tweaking the units ahead of the try dive weekends in May 2014.
    We'll be at Southern Cross Divers in Sydney on May 9th & 10th, and then on to Dolphin Scuba in Perth on May 16th.

There will be other try dive weekends planned in South Africa and Malta in the months ahead and I look forward to meeting you and listening to the feedback.

I will post the link to the Dive Systems thread as soon as possible.

Cheers,
    David

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5