+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Analytical 4001 Oxygen Helium Trimix Analyzer

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Re: Analytical 4001 Oxygen Helium Trimix Analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    I am just thinking that maybe Las Vegas is high enough above sea level to cause it to read 20.8?

John
    Do you think 00.1 makes a big difference?

CEO DiveNav, Inc. DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav's Avatar

.....I would have thought the O2 sensor would be accurate to read correctly on the DEMA show floor .....
    O2 cells are chemical machines, they are not too accurate - nor linear - and are sensitive to changes in temperature, humidity and pressure.

Most O2 sensors include only a temperature compensation.

Most entry level O2 analyzer do not compensate for pressure and humidity changes and do not compensate for linearity errors in the O2 cell.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    Do you think 00.1 makes a big difference?
    Curt

No not at all especially when diving.

Just tying to understand why the demostrated analyzer did not show a cell calibrated in air to be 20.9%. I would not expect temperature or humidity to result in a reading other then 20.9%. Elevation above sea level could result in a lower reading. If none of the above explains the reading difference then it might point to something being wrong with the accuracy of this particular demonstration unit.

John

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by DiveNav  View Original Post
    O2 cells are chemical machines, they are not too accurate - nor linear - and are sensitive to changes in temperature, humidity and pressure.

Most O2 sensors include only a temperature compensation.

Most entry level O2 analyzer do not compensate for pressure and humidity changes and do not compensate for linearity errors in the O2 cell.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I been diving a CCR since 2006 and I think I have a reasonably good handle on the real world functioning of oxygen cells.

John

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

OK ... I see they use sensors for analysis.... Are cost and expected life for Helium and Ambient cells available?

Richie
    Last edited by diverreb; 24th November 2012 at 21:54.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Curt

No not at all especially when diving.

Just tying to understand why the demostrated analyzer did not show a cell calibrated in air to be 20.9%. I would not expect temperature or humidity to result in a reading other then 20.9%. Elevation above sea level could result in a lower reading. If none of the above explains the reading difference then it might point to something being wrong with the accuracy of this particular demonstration unit.

John
    I am normally happy if my cal reading says 20.something