+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ADV maintenance

RBW Member Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

ADV maintenance

What is the easiest way to take the ADV off to be able to clean it?

I removed the top bolt and the lever with some rings. Do I just have to screw the complete top bit off to get to the insides?

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Re: ADV maintenance

Yes
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member LeCrabe is an unknown quantity at this point LeCrabe's Avatar
    rEvo III mCCR mini titanium

There is an easier way to maintain the ADV : close is and leave it that way

Just kidding... Well almost...

RBW Member Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by LeCrabe  View Original Post
    There is an easier way to maintain the ADV : close is and leave it that way

Just kidding... Well almost...
    Yeah. I never use the thing and the lever is bend in a way that it just never fires. But it started leaking yesterday. There must be some buildup in it.
    (I don't think it's the 1st stage.) It's better to clean it.

The thing over here on this tropical island is that everything is salty, it's always 86 F and there is always a 4 Bf ocean wind. Everything breaks down before your eyes.

To close it you just turn the top screw counter-clockwise right or is there a way to take the complete thing of?
    Last edited by Jantje; 19th November 2012 at 11:18.

RBW Member Deep_Six is an unknown quantity at this point Deep_Six's Avatar
    Mk15.5

Meg, rEvo, KISS, Dräger

Quote Originally Posted by Jantje  View Original Post
    Yeah. I never use the thing and the lever is bend in a way that it just never fires. But it started leaking yesterday. There must be some buildup in it.
    (I don't think it's the 1st stage.) It's better to clean it.

The thing over here on this tropical island is that everything is salty, it's always 86 F and there is always a 4 Bf ocean wind. Everything breaks down before your eyes.

To close it you just turn the top screw counter-clockwise right or is there a way to take the complete thing of?
    If you turn the nylok nut counter-clockwise until the nut and post are flush, that should disable the ADV. Check the IP of your dil reg just to make sure it has not crept too high. If you have the triple MAV up front it is easy enough to run your dil that way.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

If the ADV still leaks after you verify the IP and readjust it, you can get a rebuild kit and replace the seat.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread