+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: ADV maintenance

  1. #1
    RBW Member Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Curaçao
    Posts
    544
    rEvo III hCCR

    ADV maintenance

    What is the easiest way to take the ADV off to be able to clean it?

    I removed the top bolt and the lever with some rings. Do I just have to screw the complete top bit off to get to the insides?

  2. #2
    Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Deerfield_Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,081
    rEvo

    Defender Optima Dolphin

    Re: ADV maintenance

    Yes
    .
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing





    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

  3. #3
    RBW Member LeCrabe is an unknown quantity at this point LeCrabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    111
    rEvo III mCCR mini titanium

    Re: ADV maintenance

    There is an easier way to maintain the ADV : close is and leave it that way

    Just kidding... Well almost...

  4. #4
    RBW Member Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Curaçao
    Posts
    544
    rEvo III hCCR

    Re: ADV maintenance

    Quote Originally Posted by LeCrabe  View Original Post
    There is an easier way to maintain the ADV : close is and leave it that way

    Just kidding... Well almost...
    Yeah. I never use the thing and the lever is bend in a way that it just never fires. But it started leaking yesterday. There must be some buildup in it.
    (I don't think it's the 1st stage.) It's better to clean it.

    The thing over here on this tropical island is that everything is salty, it's always 86 F and there is always a 4 Bf ocean wind. Everything breaks down before your eyes.

    To close it you just turn the top screw counter-clockwise right or is there a way to take the complete thing of?
    Last edited by Jantje; 19th November 2012 at 11:18.

  5. #5
    RBW Member Deep_Six is an unknown quantity at this point Deep_Six's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SoFL
    Posts
    133
    Mk15.5

    Meg, rEvo, KISS, Dräger

    Re: ADV maintenance

    Quote Originally Posted by Jantje  View Original Post
    Yeah. I never use the thing and the lever is bend in a way that it just never fires. But it started leaking yesterday. There must be some buildup in it.
    (I don't think it's the 1st stage.) It's better to clean it.

    The thing over here on this tropical island is that everything is salty, it's always 86 F and there is always a 4 Bf ocean wind. Everything breaks down before your eyes.

    To close it you just turn the top screw counter-clockwise right or is there a way to take the complete thing of?
    If you turn the nylok nut counter-clockwise until the nut and post are flush, that should disable the ADV. Check the IP of your dil reg just to make sure it has not crept too high. If you have the triple MAV up front it is easy enough to run your dil that way.

  6. #6
    Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Deerfield_Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,081
    rEvo

    Defender Optima Dolphin

    If the ADV still leaks after you verify the IP and readjust it, you can get a rebuild kit and replace the seat.

    Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2
    .
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing





    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts