+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it really really? dry inside? (Storage + Mould)

RBW Member thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster's Avatar
    APD Evolution Vision

Is it really really? dry inside? (Storage + Mould)

Well, its confession time I suppose!

I'm ridiculing myself here, so hoping others don't suffer the same.

Due to the weather, I haven't been diving for just over a month (gutted I know!) so after the last dive, I cleaned my counter lungs (with buddy clean), left out to dry and I left the head outside to also dry.

Due to someone moaning that all my kit was all over the place (don't l live here too??) and taking up the spare room. I emptied the scrubber and packed up my Evo (I put it all back together) and stuffed it in its box.

Fast forward to, today....

Raining again, so decided to check batteries and generally just doing a bit of fiddling...

On opening the canister, I was met with a flurry texture on the tempstick cable, sensor cables and also a 'off' smell in the head.

Obviously the head wasn't as dry as I thought and putting it all together has caused this to grow.... so sensors unplugged I carefully cleaned the head with a little buddy clean (says anti fungus on the bottle) and paper and now its ALL in pieces in the spare room

So note to self, if not using unit for while, store it unplugged and not fully assembled. And I'm going to remove cells and pack them in air tight bags also...

Rich

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Re: Is it really really? dry inside? (Storage + Mould)

So, let me get clear on this.

You are afraid of a little mold?

Don't you know that it is good for you and will make you live longer and healthier? It supplies your lungs with vital nutriants and prevents lung cancer at the same time.
    It actually acts as a mini scrubber and will make your sorb last twice as long too. You have no idea how much money it just cost you by cleaning that unit up.
    The fill that it produces on the host material is bulletproof and will never allow and type of corrosion, scratching, or denting. The manufactures are currently trying to get it CE rated.
    When there is enough buildup, you will even have built in deco snacks when it breaks loose.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean's Avatar
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post

Don't you know that it is good for you and will make you live longer and healthier? It supplies your lungs with vital nutriants and prevents lung cancer at the same time.
    It actually acts as a mini scrubber and will make your sorb last twice as long too. You have no idea how much money it just cost you by cleaning that unit up.
    The fill that it produces on the host material is bulletproof and will never allow and type of corrosion, scratching, or denting. The manufactures are currently trying to get it CE rated.
    When there is enough buildup, you will even have built in deco snacks when it breaks loose.
    True story...

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post

+ Reply to Thread