+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: V-Planner - Multi Deco

RBW Member willib is an unknown quantity at this point willib's Avatar
    JJ CCR (arrived :-)

Re: V-Planner - Multi Deco

Hi,

after the latest update of V-Planner and Multi-Deco on my Android tablet the calculations delivers wrong figures.

So when panning the same dive several times I with exactly the same parameters I get different results - that starts with a totally wrong bottom time (so I input a bottom time of e.g. 25 minuts the result shows me a stop at bottom depht and give me a runtime of 42 minutes until leaving the bottom depht - and this is different when calculation the same several times).

So varies the runtime for the same parameters between 40 minutes and 153 minutes.

Also the ascending table show wrong results with usless figures (so - for example - at on stop depth the runtime drops from 16 minutes to 9 minutes from one stop to the other to jump back to 23 minutes for the next stop.

Any idea what happend?

best regards
    Willi

RBW Member Valery is on a distinguished road Valery is on a distinguished road Valery's Avatar
    Reinstall and it should work

RBW Member willib is an unknown quantity at this point willib's Avatar
    JJ CCR (arrived :-)

Thx for the tip,

reinstalled the upgrade it it works...

br
    Willi

Quote Originally Posted by rossh  View Original Post
    VPM is the only model with a built in and integral conservatism method inside the actual model calculations. In VPM those (+) settings adjust the thresholds of Critical Radii within the core calculation of VPM. This is significant ability, as it gives the decisions about required deco to the model to compute, based on the actual bubble conditions and required limits. I'm quite proud of this method that I pioneered (duplicated by others).

Regards
    I guess I'll call you on this one. You pioneered using different critical bubble radii in the calculation of profiles? Really?

Anyone can see real VPM contributors using various radii in papers published describing their findings (see VPMechanics4.nb.) What, then, did you "pioneer"? Which of the various VPM ideas, methods, formulas, or results were developed by you enabling you to claim that you "pioneered" them?

RebreatherWorld Sponsor rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UWSojourner  View Original Post
    I guess I'll call you on this one. You pioneered using different critical bubble radii in the calculation of profiles? Really?

Anyone can see real VPM contributors using various radii in papers published describing their findings (see VPMechanics4.nb.) What, then, did you "pioneer"? Which of the various VPM ideas, methods, formulas, or results were developed by you enabling you to claim that you "pioneered" them?
    I was the first to use the (+) plus system of conservatism. Up until I became involved in VPM, they would specify different radii values like 0.8, which I think anyone would agree, is a rather clumsy system for a finished program. I could have used x% values, like many other programs, but in VPM its not a linear progression. So I came up with the plus (+) values to represent conservatism. My methods and base values I defined in this, have formed a standard, and been used by all others with a VPM program since. I was the first to make a Windows VPM program too.
    Ross Hemingway
    ------------------------------------------

V-Planner PC, Mac, Mobile, iPhone-iPod, Android. MultiDeco Android, PC, Mac.
    V-Planner Live and MultiDeco-X1 for the Liquivision X1 dive computer.
    MultiDeco-DR5 for the DR-5 dive computer.

I was the first to use the (+) plus system of conservatism. Up until I became involved in VPM, they would specify different radii values like 0.8, which I think anyone would agree, is a rather clumsy system for a finished program. I could have used x% values, like many other programs, but in VPM its not a linear progression. So I came up with the plus (+) values to represent conservatism. My methods and base values I defined in this, have formed a standard, and been used by all others with a VPM program since. I was the first to make a Windows VPM program too.
    Fair enough. I suppose if assigning integer values 0 through 5 to various initial bubble radii (or being the first to implement someone else's algorithm on Windows) qualifies as a "pioneering" work in your mind, then you've clearly earned that self-assigned designation.

RBW Member eskil is an unknown quantity at this point eskil's Avatar

base values I defined in this, have formed a standard, and been used by all others with a VPM program since.
    Yup. The first versions of Baltic Deco Planner offered 0%-100% instead, beta testers were a bit confused, didn't want to hear about radii and asked for the simpler 0-5 numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by UWSojourner  View Original Post
    Fair enough. I suppose if assigning integer values 0 through 5 to various initial bubble radii ...
    Has anyone named 20/80 and 30/70 anything yet? Like "-1" and "-2"? Is it too late?

Quote Originally Posted by eskil  View Original Post
    Has anyone named 20/80 and 30/70 anything yet? Like "-1" and "-2"? Is it too late?
    Wow, good eye. You may be on the cusp of a real pioneering breakthrough.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3