+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: V-Planner - Multi Deco

RBW Member ztirfritz is an unknown quantity at this point ztirfritz's Avatar
    ISC Megalodon

V-Planner - Multi Deco

Hi all

Hope someone could clarify.

I currently have the vplanner software which does incorporate VPM-B with GF combined. I run Shearwaters, one of which has been upgraded to VPM-B/GF, therefore V-planer well suited for dive planning.

Also looking at Multi deco from same company. This does allow for dives to be cut using GF only. However, downloads available for Henirich and X-1.

Can either be used for the Shearwater GF. I appreciate they are the same algorithms, but little bit confused why they are computer specific.

Thanks

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Re: V-Planner - Multi Deco

They are not exactly the same algorithm. The author of the V-Planner software has nothing to do with the VPM coding that Shearwater uses. VR3 also has a "VPM Option" but it will be slightly different from the other 2. Just like different computers both running the same GF may be slightly different. I'm sure Ross himself will answer this more elegantly.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

V-planner is like Ken said and will not match a Shearwater exactly. MultiDeco on the other hand has many differnt algorythiyms that you can use and one of them is the exact thing that Shearwater uses. It is ZHLC-GF according to Bruce.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

ISC Megalodon

V-planner is like Ken said and will not match a Shearwater exactly. MultiDeco on the other hand has many differnt algorythiyms that you can use and one of them is the exact thing that Shearwater uses. It is ZHLC-GF according to Bruce.
    Hi and thanks. I am familiar with the various algorithms, that Shearwaters VPM-B was different to V-planner, this I did not know. Was more curious about why the Multi Deco software seemed to be computer specific, as mentioned, either the X-1 or Heinrich.

Im trying to determine whether getting the Multi Deco is worthwhile in my case

RBW Member zellnera is an unknown quantity at this point zellnera's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

The two versions of the SW run on the dive computer. The X1 and DR5 do not have a deco software running when you buy them. You buy the SW from a third party in this case MultiDeco. There is also a GAP version for the 2 dive computer avalible.

The SW you are mentioned is not met to be for pre dive deco planning.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by ztirfritz  View Original Post
    Hi and thanks. I am familiar with the various algorithms, that Shearwaters VPM-B was different to V-planner, this I did not know. Was more curious about why the Multi Deco software seemed to be computer specific, as mentioned, either the X-1 or Heinrich.

Im trying to determine whether getting the Multi Deco is worthwhile in my case
    Send a PM to Rossh here. He will respond promptly and directly.
    Ken

Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member Valery is on a distinguished road Valery is on a distinguished road Valery's Avatar
    V-planner is for pc, is has vpm-b,b/e,gfs etc...

Multideco is for dive computer it has all the above plus GF

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

Quote Originally Posted by Valéry  View Original Post

Valery what model do you dive mostly?

Spyros

ISC Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by Valéry  View Original Post

ok finally understood. multi deco not for dive planning as a pc or mac based program.

thanks

RBW Member Valery is on a distinguished road Valery is on a distinguished road Valery's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw  View Original Post
    Valery what model do you dive mostly?

Spyros
    Well I choose to dive vpm-b with nominal conservatism, that's for every day's dive (0-60m). Sometimes I apply what's next.

On deeper dive I still stick on vpm-b with nominal conservatism, in case of an emergency I know the minimum deco that I should do before surfacing, if everything goes as planned then I add the amount of time to the last stop we agreed before the dive, corresponding to a cons of 5 or more, on those dive no body is in a hurry to go home.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast