+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vr3 4th cell

Custom Title Allowed! Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia's Avatar

Vr3 4th cell

Hello all,

Is the 4 th cell worth the hassle ? Does the Kit from Delta P has the extra cell needed ? What is involved in the setting up procedure before a dive? Any other things to know about ?

Regards

Pierre Farrugia

Decodiver
    Hi Pierre,

Personally, I could never be bothered. You already have 3 cells on your unit, that should IMHO be enough.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    OK so I have a meg not an Inspiration but I am not going with the 4th Cell either just going to run the computer with a slightly lower set point than my actual to give a bit of margin for error.
    I know this is how Leon & ron do it too.

Stuart

Bloody Rebreathers! Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell's Avatar
    O2ptima, Sentinel, Prism 2

Inspiration & KISS & Poseidon

I had the the Y adaptor on one of the the Inspirations and not on the other one. I have started in not connecting the 4th cell, and I do not intend to add the 4th cell to the Evo when it arrives.

Calibrating the 4th cell is a little bit different, but if you follow the instructions ,........I have never actually had a problem with it.

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar
    Hmmmm. Just bought one from Mr Greekbird (if I ever catch up with him!) and I think it's more useful for me to cover handset failure rather than more accurate deco.

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar
    don't like the Y adaptor
    do like the idea of fourth cell so may go for one inside the unit

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar
    Non-y adapter options:
    1. Extension to T-piece (old style VR£ holder)
    2. Drill case and add connector as per David Pelly mod on the RebreatherSite
    3. Buy extended tube and add cable + gland to the extended bit poking out of the head.
    Anyone have any pro's/cons?

1. - Seems closer to air actually going into mouthpiece but how does ADV affect things? Tracking will be different to Head cells?

2. - Extra bits. Should track well. Nice, but drilling head will invalidate warrenty and looks sooooooo scarey...
    3. - ~£50 for a plastic tube and a couple of quid for the gland... Should track well. Looking like cheapest/safest option...

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar

Fourth cell....

Folks,

I like the fourth cell idea for this one reason. If your handsets crap out, you can hand-fly the unit using the fourth cell read-out, and deco does not change in any respect. Makes life easy. Also, it gives you a cross-check on the system.

Just my PPO2's worth.

Rob

PFO free :) pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning is just really nice pchanning's Avatar
    Hi John,

Quote Originally Posted by Mdemon
    Non-y adapter options:
    1. Extension to T-piece (old style VR£ holder)
    2. Drill case and add connector as per David Pelly mod on the RebreatherSite
    3. Buy extended tube and add cable + gland to the extended bit poking out of the head.
    Anyone have any pro's/cons?

1. - Seems closer to air actually going into mouthpiece but how does ADV affect things? Tracking will be different to Head cells?

not if you screaw it in above the ADV.

2. - Extra bits. Should track well. Nice, but drilling head will invalidate warrenty and looks sooooooo scarey...

Apparantly APD wont supply 'blank' cell holder tubes (for drilling of the forth). However you could always get a bit of plastic pipe and weld it inplace of the standard three holed black bit (sorry for the technical terms). Still gotta drill the case though.

3. - ~£50 for a plastic tube and a couple of quid for the gland... Should track well. Looking like cheapest/safest option...
    hmmm, dont forget a bit of luck and some big 'ol brass ones :D

Youre earlier comment justifying it due to failed handsets and staying on the loop is what its for. If i'd of had a VR3 last month that option would have been very handy

Local concensus seems to be that the alledged "accurate tracking" doesn't make that much of a difference to run times, and besides why trust one cell to get out quicker when it really matters over three that you trust for all other dives. What's the rush..??
    Do a dil flush on the descent and an o2 flush on the ascent. Problem solved.

ATB

Paul

Thumbs up

Hello mate!

Stop mucking about in Cornwall and come diving! I'm going to be doing the Usual on Wednesday if you're interested...

1. - Yup, after the ADV would be good, and maybe the ADV could blast moisture off cell face too... The advantage of having the cell there is if the scrubber partially floods, you still have some method of measuring PO2... Apparently it is possible to limp home on a flooded Box...

2. - Yup again! However, if you skim through the posts for the 6 hour scrubber you will also come across this cute link from yours truely...

http://www.divelife.co.uk/Index/esse...CellHolder.htm

This has various flavours of the tune, with or without the cable. The best bit is that you are drilling the pipe, not the case, so if you screw it up you haven't shagged your Head...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast