+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vpm-b

RBW Member floridakid is an unknown quantity at this point floridakid's Avatar
    APECS Meg

Vpm-b

Does anyone know where I might be able to find the actual VPM-B algorithm? I am looking into the possibility of integrating decompression information into a PO2 monitor I am working on.

Has anyone else tried something similar?

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: Vpm-b

Quote Originally Posted by floridakid  View Original Post
    Does anyone know where I might be able to find the actual VPM-B algorithm? I am looking into the possibility of integrating decompression information into a PO2 monitor I am working on.

Has anyone else tried something similar?
    I don't know that vpm-b is public domain. Buhlmann ZHL-16 and gradient factors would be way easier to code and is available.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

Here you go:

VPM Decompression Site

VPM Links

It's in Fortran. I don't know how old you are. I still used it in university when I was young lol.
    But it's procedural and easy to rewrite in something else. There is C code for the standard VPM algorithm also in the directory.

Buhlmann code with GF can be found e.g. in open source MVPlan. But why bother. Buhlmann is dead.
    Last edited by Jantje; 23rd October 2012 at 00:57.

APECS Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Jantje  View Original Post
    Here you go:

VPM Decompression Site

VPM Links

It's in Fortran. I don't know how old you are. I still used it in university when I was young lol.
    But it's procedural and easy to rewrite in something else. There is C code for the standard VPM algorithm also in the directory.

Buhlmann code with GF can be found e.g. in open source MVPlan. But why bother. Buhlmann is dead.
    I tried downloading it but the link didn't work. I was hoping there was some sort of step by step explination of the calculations that are done floating around out there. Or at least some sort of step by step explination of the calculations that does not require learning a dead programing language.

Plus, I am not quite sure of the exact process a schedule is determined in VPM, all I know is that it is significantly more complicated than Buhlmann. It might not even be worth doing by the time I finish all the extra hardware I would have to add to do deco calcs and then get around to programming it all.

I will try to diagnose the connection issue tomorrow. I apoligize for neglecting the website lately and hope to bring it up to date it over the winter.
    PM me and I can send you some info that will hopefully help you in your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by floridakid  View Original Post
    I tried downloading it but the link didn't work. I was hoping there was some sort of step by step explination of the calculations that are done floating around out there. Or at least some sort of step by step explination of the calculations that does not require learning a dead programing language.

Plus, I am not quite sure of the exact process a schedule is determined in VPM, all I know is that it is significantly more complicated than Buhlmann. It might not even be worth doing by the time I finish all the extra hardware I would have to add to do deco calcs and then get around to programming it all.

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

If wanted I can send you some of the files hosted on decompression.org site where all Bakers work is.

Best,

Igor P

Sent ftom my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk.

Dive different. cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys's Avatar
    MK15.5, MK15, LARV

KISS Classic

I've done it with Buhlmann. No matter what people say, I hope you have a lot of time on your hands .

APECS Meg

I've decided for this first revision of the handset I am just gonna keep it really simple and just keep it to PO2 monitoring. If all goes well, I will probably integrate "gauge mode" type functions in the next revision with deco added in the third revision. If all goes well, I'll share my plans and codes.

Dive different. cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys's Avatar
    MK15.5, MK15, LARV

KISS Classic

If anyone can send me whatever version of vpm-b exists for Mathematica, I would be indebted.

I know it's mentioned on www.decompression.org, but that site seems to be having issues at the moment.

Thanks,
    Chris

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Igor P  View Original Post
    If wanted I can send you some of the files hosted on decompression.org site where all Bakers work is.

Best,

Igor P

Sent ftom my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk.
    I used to have access to this site but now my password doesn't work

Is there a way of getting a new one.

ATB

Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast