+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cova de Sa Gleda - my #2 in Europe

RBW Member Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo's Avatar
    HH ccr

Cova de Sa Gleda - my #2 in Europe

Probably the most known Mallorca u/w cave. Dive to Galeria de les Plomes.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Nice !!! As usual !!! Can't wait to do That kind of dives

Sent from my rEvodream using Tapatalk

RBW Member jneves is on a distinguished road jneves is on a distinguished road jneves's Avatar
    Se7en/Mk6 Discovery/O2ptima

DIY/Dolphin/Ray

Re: Cova de Sa Gleda - my #2 in Europe

Yes, it is a nice cave indeed.
    But you got it easy because when I first dived Sa Gleda cave some 15 years ago the "pas d'en judes" was a very narrow "no mount" nameless passage thru unstable boulders... very scary s**t... I see someone has made it into a highway

JNeves

RBW Member Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo's Avatar
    HH ccr

Quote Originally Posted by jneves  View Original Post
    But you got it easy because when I first dived Sa Gleda cave some 15 years ago the "pas d'en judes" was a very narrow "no mount" nameless passage thru unstable boulders... very scary s**t... I see someone has made it into a highway
    I was also surprised how easy I got through there. Before the dive I was told that it would be difficult to pass with camera and lights mounted on scooter. I did it without any problem. Later we learned that only last spring group of Polish divers had been working in this place to make restriction wider.

RBW Member jneves is on a distinguished road jneves is on a distinguished road jneves's Avatar
    Se7en/Mk6 Discovery/O2ptima

DIY/Dolphin/Ray

Did you guys do any of the westernmost passages as well? Some of these used to be blocked by a thick barrier of 1 cm diameter, several m long straws... We did progress thru some, very carefully, but it would prove to be impossible to go without braking them, so eventually we simply gave up exploring any further. It is heart breaking, a part of you want to ahead and the other half cannot cope with the destruction.. You feel ripped apart! I wonder if all that beauty is still intact!!!

JNeves

HH ccr

Quote Originally Posted by jneves  View Original Post
    Did you guys do any of the westernmost passages as well?
    No. I did only 2 simple dives there. One was Pirates Circle and second to Feathers Passage. Maybe next spring I will try to film more.
    Paco

+ Reply to Thread