+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Who has first experiences with the new AP back mounted CL?

RBW Member Meno is an unknown quantity at this point Meno's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Inspiration Classic

Who has first experiences with the new AP back mounted CL?

Hi everyone!
    Who has already made first experiences with the new Inspiration back mounted counterlungs? Are they recommendable?

Cheers
    Meno

RBW Member Chris75 will become famous soon enough Chris75 will become famous soon enough Chris75 will become famous soon enough Chris75's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Hi got delivered earlier this week
    Currently I have CD WBS wing with CD harness and backplate
    Will check Tom if the bckm counterlungs which are now part of the harness will be ok with the backplate ...
    Also another concern is to make sure the lungs are not getting crushed against the backplate when u inflate the wing.

If not the move us expensive if you switched to backplate/wing/harness .
    Keep you posted

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

Re: Who has first experiences with the new AP back mounted CL?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris75  View Original Post
    Also another concern is to make sure the lungs are not getting crushed against the backplate when u inflate the wing.
    That is a concern that I have too as I'm about to fit BMCL to my Poseidon Discovery.

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by RedSeaDiver  View Original Post
    That is a concern that I have too as I'm about to fit BMCL to my Poseidon Discovery.
    Hello RSD, why the switch in your case? -Andy

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

Quote Originally Posted by silent running  View Original Post
    Hello RSD, why the switch in your case? -Andy
    I want to try it to see if I can remove the bulk in front of me. Don't know whether it will work or not but if it does then it will be good. A few other Discovery owners are about to try it as well.

RBW Member Meno is an unknown quantity at this point Meno's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Chris75  View Original Post
    Hi got delivered earlier this week
    Currently I have CD WBS wing with CD harness and backplate
    Will check Tom if the bckm counterlungs which are now part of the harness will be ok with the backplate ...

If not the move us expensive if you switched to backplate/wing/harness .
    Keep you posted
    That's exactly my point/ concern too. I'm very interested on the new BMCL, but I'm using a backplate and don't want to change back to the AP harness...

Looking forward to hearing about your experience...

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

Hi Folks,

I dove with the BMCL twice over the weekend here in sunny Malta. I have one major complaint. Why did APD take so long to get them on the market
    I just love them. It is like diving doubles again. Very stable. I did use the harness that comes with the BMCLs and I'm impressed. I did not like the old harness. Everything was too wobbly. Not with the new one. It is very stable. Do give the harness a try.
    The BMCLs do breathe differently. Face down, IMHO they perform better. Face up, you do get the typical chipmunk feel. Not a problem, just different. This feeling increases when you go shallow. But the breathing itself remains good.
    Because the lungs are smaller, they also ensure that you maintain minimal long volume better. There are two positions for the lungs. Make sure they rest behind your back and not partially over your shoulders. If found the volume too small if you mount them too high. This was probably because of the way they bend over your shoulder what reduces the volume.
    What also changed was the responsiveness of the ADV. You need to suck slighty harder for it to open.
    I was using them on my travelframe, not the standard yellow plastic tupperware.

HTH,
    Peter
    Last edited by PCDiver; 21st October 2012 at 18:03.

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by PCDiver  View Original Post
    Hi Folks,

I dove with the BMCL twice over the weekend here in sunny Malta. I have one major complaint. Why did APD take so long to get them on the market
    I just love them. It is like diving doubles again. Very stable. I did use the harness that comes with the BMCLs and I'm impressed. I did not like the old harness. Everything was too wobbly. Not with the new one. It is very stable. Do give the harness a try.
    The BMCLs do breathe differently. Face down, IMHO they perform better. Face up, you do get the typical chipmunk feel. Not a problem, just different. This feeling increases when you go shallow. But the breathing itself remains good.
    Because the lungs are smaller, they also ensure that you maintain minimal long volume better. There are two positions for the lungs. Make sure they rest behind your back and not partially over your shoulders. If found the volume too small if you mount them too high. This was probably because of the way they bend over your shoulder what reduces the volume.
    What also changed was the responsiveness of the ADV. You need to suck slighty harder for it to open.
    I was using them on my travelframe, not the standard yellow plastic tupperware.

HTH,
    Peter
    Have pics with new CL/harness please?

RBW Member Chris75 will become famous soon enough Chris75 will become famous soon enough Chris75 will become famous soon enough Chris75's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

So I had a look this pm
    Doesn't look good my CD backplate looks too wide.😡
    See pict of current setupAttachment 29223

Attachment 29224

I'll stay on this setup till I finish my trimix
    After I ll probably try the new harness it looks indeed "cleaner" though I hate those big pockets
    Last edited by Chris75; 19th January 2014 at 18:16.

Role role is an unknown quantity at this point role's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Hi there

See the attached pictures from my mods
    WP_000092.jpg
    WP_000088.jpg
    WP_000087.jpg

Switched to the new original BCL from AP and it works perfectly with my standard harness. Just the dump valves are quite close to the backplate edge. But when diving it's no issue anymore.

I added two more D-Rings to the shoulders to fix the BCL as it's done with the original harness. Don't know if it's really necessary but it makes sense.

The only thing I recently changed (after I took the pictures) is the routing of the pressure gauge hoses. I now route them between BCL and Wing to the bottom of the unit. To read them, I have to reach back and pull them forward a little bit. I discovered it's easier to reach the manual adds when the gauge isn0t in the same place. The gauges I don't need that often

Let me know your comments...

Cheers from switzerland
    -role

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast