+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Euro Tek... What happened to all of the Buzz?

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Euro Tek... What happened to all of the Buzz?

Ok... EuroTek 2012 just took place and unless I am missing something it must have been pretty ho.... hum.... I have seen all of one thread with some pictures...

Was it a bust??

Those in the US want to know...

Mark

Dive Addicts Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton's Avatar
    Hammerhead, P2, SF2, Flex, Evo

Inspo, Sent, Optima, Mk15, Dol

Wasn't able to go but heard it was great. Maybe people are not home yet to report. Hopefully at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Euro Tek... What happened to all of the Buzz?

I really enjoyed the podcasts associated with it last time and it was a pity it didn't happen this time round.

Just too much work perhaps?

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

It was great, very good presentations and many interestings news on show.
    Few guys from over the pond (Corey Mearns, Steve Tippets, Jill Heinerth, ...) but not only. I can only suggest to program a visit in two years.

New BMCL with Dil and O2 controls for Inspo, very well made.
    New Explorer from Hollis which will be on the market by February.
    New Drysuit from FourthElement, fantastic, light, couldn't wait something else from a company like this, on the market from january/february.
    New BOB from KISS, very smart very small.
    New smaller cannisters and double cannister from Light Monkey.
    And many more...

Great people: Jill Heinerth, Martin Robson, Kevin Gurr, Rick Stanton, Pete Mesley, Simon Mitchell, Michael Menduno, and many others.

Good the Gala Dinner one of the few moments where you can see divers suited in a "civil" dress!

But a big thanks and congrat go to the organizations and the organisators.

Can't wait for the next.

Nad

RBW Member dimitris is an unknown quantity at this point dimitris's Avatar
    Not Yet

Smile Re: Euro Tek... What happened to all of the Buzz?

I missed Eurotek 2010 because I was diving so on my way to Bham I was really very excited as this would be my first Eurotek and an opportunity to meet my Diving Gods!!!

I was also looking forward to see APD’s new Back Mounted Counter-lungs

Despite all of the above I do not think that I was in any way prepared for it!!!

The presentations from Richard Lundgren and Martin Robson were unreal!!! I had no idea people were doing that sort of stuff and I am sure everyone in the audience felt the same way. Dr Simon Mitchell presentation on Diver Rescue was also great because it offered definitive answers on questions that I have been asking / discussing with my buddies.

And after Paul Toomer’s presentation on Recreational Rebreathers I will be definitely looking forward to latest developments on the field and the impact that Recreational Rebreathers will have on Technical Diving and Technical Rebreathers (watch this space).

I also got to have a look on the new APD BMCL and it now features at the top of my letter to Santa (surely this is about the right time to start writing???)

I am really looking forward to the Eurotek 2014 tickets!!!

D

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Mark,

I attended EuroTek for the 2nd time and I must say that this is a fabulous event! Probably better than any other dive conference I have ever attending. The quality of many of the presentations was absolutely incredible. Richard Lundgren's presentation on the discovery and ongoing filming and mapping of Mars the Magnificent as well as another presentation on shipwrecks in the Baltic were simply inspiring!

I didn't necessarily see a whole lot of new amazing equipment deveoping, but the diving/technology/medical/wreck/cave/physiology presentations were more than worth the effort and expense to attend.

Also caught up with a lot of good friends and most importantly, I won the raffle for a free Vandagraph Helium/Oxygen analyzer! Jackpot!

I had a fantastic time and will plan on attending again in the future!

Regards,
    Randy

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

For those of you who were unable to attend EuroTek, there was an amazing collection of historical rebreathers on display. I've never seen anything like it!
    Attached Images

EXPLORER Leigh Bishop is an unknown quantity at this point Leigh Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silentbob  View Original Post
    I really enjoyed the podcasts associated with it last time and it was a pity it didn't happen this time round.

Just too much work perhaps?
    The Podcasts will be back, I'm sorry to say that they did not go live this year on the grounds that my co host Crispin Brake lost his life deep wreck diving only months before in July 2012. As a result we never finished them but concentrated on the remainder of the conference, and despite lossing one of the key organisers (for the 2nd time due to deep wreck diving ) we managed to pull off what people are saying is the best Eurotek yet. Hope this explains a little something about the podcasts and where they went this year.
    Leigh Bishop
    co organiser EuroTek Tek diving show
    www.eurotek.uk.com & www.eurotekpodcasts.com
    Shipwreck Exploration
    www.deepimage.co.uk

New Member petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

What a great weekend. Pooling some of the worlds leading explorers and guys just getting out there and doing it. Just love it. Also great talks by Simon M, amazing 3D visual experiences from Ev Kovacs. Well worth the trip from NZ!! Was great to catch up with old mates, and a chance to meet new ones. Looking forward to 2014.

Pete

TecRB Robert Landreth will become famous soon enough Robert Landreth will become famous soon enough Robert Landreth will become famous soon enough Robert Landreth will become famous soon enough Robert Landreth's Avatar
    Haked Prism

HomeBuild

Great lectures and presentations just wish they did not over lap and could have see them all ! It was so hard to chose which ones to pick to attend. I would happly pay for vídeos of the ones I could not attend un fortunatly you just have to be there. My onely complaint is it was to short. But it is the best dive convention I have ever been to when it comes to dive science.

+ Reply to Thread