+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 5 Cells / 1 Shearwater / 2 Dreams

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

5 Cells / 1 Shearwater / 2 Dreams

Just an FYI -

There was a recent thread about cell wiring and Paul made some comments regarding common ground then made a recommendation that with 5 cells, you ideally should have complete isolation...

With the five cells in the unit, I used to split cell 3 across Shearwater and Dream 1 as this was the configuration I used when running 4 cells.

Recently, I made the change so Cell 1/2/3 Shearwater, Cell 4 Dream1, Cell 5 Dream2 and I'm not using splitters anymore. As Paul said, this provides triple redundancy for electronics.
    Last edited by DwayneJ; 14th October 2012 at 21:28.

RBW Member Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

Re: 5 Cells / 1 Shearwater / 2 Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by DwayneJ  View Original Post
    Just an FYI -

There was a recent thread about cell wiring and Paul made some comments regarding common ground then made a recommendation that with 5 cells, you ideally should have complete isolation...

With the five cells in the unit, I used to split cell 3 across Shearwater and Dream 1, but I made the change so Cell 1/2/3 Shearwater, 4 Dream1, 5 Dream2 and am not using splitters anymore.
    Yes, I dive like that also. Very comfortable.
    The different setups are in the FAQ on the rEvo website.
    Attached Images

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

Dual scrubbers, triple electronics redundancy, 5 cells validation and then the rMS!
    Nothing comes close!

Cheers!

Sven De Vos svendv will become famous soon enough svendv will become famous soon enough svendv will become famous soon enough svendv's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

Ray & Dolphin scr

Quote Originally Posted by Davydive  View Original Post
    Dual scrubbers, triple electronics redundancy, 5 cells validation and then the rMS!
    Nothing comes close!

Cheers!
    Right !

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

I've used this configuration before too, and it's simply perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by DwayneJ  View Original Post
    Just an FYI -

With the five cells in the unit, I used to split cell 3 across Shearwater and Dream 1 as this was the configuration I used when running 4 cells.

Recently, I made the change so Cell 1/2/3 Shearwater, Cell 4 Dream1, Cell 5 Dream2 and I'm not using splitters anymore. As Paul said, this provides triple redundancy for electronics.

CCR Newb CaveDive1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past CaveDive1's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Davydive  View Original Post
    Nothing comes close!

Cheers!
    Now if I could just make it breathe better :)
    This isn't a slam on the unit, but in perfect trim, it's not perfect. Yes, I've got like 15 hours on the unit, so I'm guessing it's user error (I hope).

RBW Member Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by CaveDive1  View Original Post
    Now if I could just make it breathe better :)
    This isn't a slam on the unit, but in perfect trim, it's not perfect. Yes, I've got like 15 hours on the unit, so I'm guessing it's user error (I hope).
    Is it high enough on your back? Do you use the default wing?

RBW Member cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Now if we had 2 sensors on the dreams, 3 on the shearwater and another 3 on a second shearwater we would be even safer!! I mean if three cells is good then 8 must be better right?

Cam

rEvo III hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by cameron  View Original Post
    Now if we had 2 sensors on the dreams, 3 on the shearwater and another 3 on a second shearwater we would be even safer!! I mean if three cells is good then 8 must be better right?

Cam
    Trolling or just a bad day?

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by cameron  View Original Post

Cam
    actually not...

but I doubth you're interested in knowing the reasons

cheers
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...