+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Side Mount Rebreather suggestions

RBW Member happy is an unknown quantity at this point happy's Avatar

Side Mount Rebreather suggestions

G'day guys,

Im studying mechanical engineering and looking to start up a project next year for uni for my final research project. Im looking for some input on what divers think is an essential development in sidemount rebreathers in the nbear future, i have some ideas already such as configuration improvements and BOVs but lookin for the community ideas, so lay it all on me!!!

RBW Member tm_rthrfrd is on a distinguished road tm_rthrfrd is on a distinguished road tm_rthrfrd's Avatar
    KISS explorer #473

Discovery Mk VI, TOMBOB

Re: Side Mount Rebreather suggestions

Howdy,

I've been mucking around with a side mount project for the last 2 years, my outcome was it was hard to justify spending any more time on something that was always going to be a compromise. My Facebook page has the photos of my last side mount creation.

RBW Member jale is on a distinguished road jale is on a distinguished road jale's Avatar
    Sidekick, Joki, Flex, HH, C96

HI,
    Tube RB like Joki, Flex, Gem (sidekick if I have followed :)) and so on is, in my understanding, the model base to be used for improvement.
    Mind to share with us your ideas?
    Thanks,
    Jale

It looks like that SF2 is the most evolved side mount oriented rebreather in the market.(material, position of the counter lungs, flood recovery, electronics, flexibility to be used as back mount) and the irony is SF2 originated from an RB80 clone.
    Last edited by wrench; 12th October 2012 at 15:24.

RBW Member quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean's Avatar
    Meg

You looking to design a rebreather from the ground up or modify an existing rebreather design for sidemount?
    I've been diving Gamrill's sm design for the Meg since last winter and love it. Looooooove it. I've been meaning to put up a post and some pics/videos but have been lazy. Some day soon.

RBW Member PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG's Avatar
    Meg

Fenzy PO68 Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by quickean  View Original Post
    You looking to design a rebreather from the ground up or modify an existing rebreather design for sidemount?
    I've been diving Gamrill's sm design for the Meg since last winter and love it. Looooooove it. I've been meaning to put up a post and some pics/videos but have been lazy. Some day soon.
    I would love to hear more about this!

Peter

RBW Member tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris's Avatar
    Evolution, Side-mount Meg

Meg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350096993.028731.jpg

Found this on the web....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RBW Member tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris's Avatar
    Evolution, Side-mount Meg

Meg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350097046.965304.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350097061.385105.jpg

Google'd sidemount RB's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RBW Member PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG's Avatar
    Meg

Fenzy PO68 Dolphin

The devil is in the details.

The DSV is a known problem when putting the can to one side.

WOB is an issue when the counterlungs are nowhere near your lungs.

Putting it all together so it is a clean package, an art form.

As I favour a BOV I worry about how that will work with hoses offf to one side.

I do a little cave exploration and would have loved to have had a re breather that I could have shiffted around a bit this summer when I was jamming myself into a place a bit too small for me and my Meg.

Peter

RBW Member tm_rthrfrd is on a distinguished road tm_rthrfrd is on a distinguished road tm_rthrfrd's Avatar
    KISS explorer #473

Discovery Mk VI, TOMBOB

This was my last version, I use this now in SCR only and works really well. I dived it as an mccr for a little while but there was just something missing that I couldnt put my finger on.
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast