+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: In water re-compression

RBW Member whereismyrebreather is an unknown quantity at this point whereismyrebreather's Avatar
    Meg

Drager

Re: In water re-compression

Wow, reading this thread it went from some people knowing Eff all about, DCS and IWR to some people knowing Eff all about putting needles into a person's chest. IWR was covered in the best diving magazine ever (rip Auqacorps) way back in the good old 90's. For those of you within 2 hours of a Chamber, get a life and call 911 and get to that chamber!

IWR has been used for a long time, and then came the itsfunsoeveryoneshoulddoit divers and people were forced into the closet with their knowledge and experience. Some facts there homeboys, Type 1 doesn't necessarily proceed Type 2, so chill. Secondly, as a diver or dive supervisor YOU need to inform a doctor in an ER where he can get his facts about diving from . . . CALL DAN yourselves! An ER doctor doesn't often deal with DCS or AGE so help them! Thirdly, don't be afraid to speak up! I had a doctor order a helicopter for a patient. . I asked the crew if the chopper was pressurized and they said no and it had to break +5000 feet to be on radar. I advised the paramedic crew of the issues and THEY advised the doctor that they were going home but would call a pressurized fixed wing crew up to transport.

So back to IWR, IT IS DANGEROUS. . . but with that said not impossible and everything is better than AGONY and DEATH. You need;

1. O2 (air is ok but won't cut it)
    2. FULL-FACE MASK on OC NOT Rebreather - ever puke threw a DSV!?! Try it during a medical emergency and then talk to me.
    3. 4 Divers - 2 in water at all times and 2 to replace them.
    4. Recompression Schedules

If you fail to have any of this, sit on the surface, breath O2, and take the fcking pain! Pain reminds you that you are alive and alive means you are not dead. I should mention that a friend of mine who received a Type 1 hit was in pain. . . the most severe pain he has ever had and at times lost conscious due to the pain. That doesn't mean you should put them back in the water. Most of you replying to this thread should know better, I would rather have a friend unconscious with a hit on the surface than unconscious and in the unforgiving environment of Poseidon's realm. And it is safe to say I have unfortunately (almost) seen it all down there.

In the end your ignorance and praying for luck is no replacement for knowledge gained from experience and training.

Good luck.
    Last edited by whereismyrebreather; 16th October 2012 at 19:53.

bubbles... what bubbles ngamokai is an unknown quantity at this point ngamokai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whereismyrebreather  View Original Post
    Wow, reading this thread it went from some people knowing Eff all about, DCS and IWR to some people knowing Eff all about putting needles into a person's chest. IWR was covered in the best diving magazine ever (rip Auqacorps) way back in the good old 90's. For those of you within 2 hours of a Chamber, get a life and call 911 and get to that chamber!

IWR has been used for a long time, and then came the itsfunsoeveryoneshoulddoit divers and people were forced into the closet with their knowledge and experience. Some facts there homeboys, Type 1 doesn't necessarily proceed Type 2, so chill. Secondly, as a diver or dive supervisor YOU need to inform a doctor in an ER where he can get his facts about diving from . . . CALL DAN yourselves! An ER doctor doesn't often deal with DCS or AGE so help them! Thirdly, don't be afraid to speak up! I had a doctor order a helicopter for a patient. . I asked the crew if the chopper was pressurized and they said no and it had to break +5000 feet to be on radar. I advised the paramedic crew of the issues and THEY advised the doctor that they were going home but would call a pressurized fixed wing crew up to transport.

So back to IWR, IT IS DANGEROUS. . . but with that said not impossible and everything is better than AGONY and DEATH. You need;

1. O2 (air is ok but won't cut it)
    2. FULL-FACE MASK on OC NOT Rebreather - ever puke threw a DSV!?! Try it during a medical emergency and then talk to me.
    3. 4 Divers - 2 in water at all times and 2 to replace them.
    4. Recompression Schedules

If you fail to have any of this, sit on the surface, breath O2, and take the fcking pain! Pain reminds you that you are alive and alive means you are not dead. I should mention that a friend of mine who received a Type 1 hit was in pain. . . the most severe pain he has ever had and at times lost conscious due to the pain. That doesn't mean you should put them back in the water. Most of you replying to this thread should know better, I would rather have a friend unconscious with a hit on the surface than unconscious and in the unforgiving environment of Poseidon's realm. And it is safe to say I have unfortunately (almost) seen it all down there.

In the end your ignorance and praying for luck is no replacement for knowledge gained from experience and training.

Good luck.

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Gobfish1  View Original Post
    i dont know who the dive police are but i never have taken much notice of talk ,,
    Have you never met 'em? They usually call themselves Divemasters or so

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

Quote Originally Posted by RogerioWagner  View Original Post
    About two weeks ago, some friends here in Brazil was diving CC in Fernando de Noronha, and one of them bend, fortunately one of the divers is Hyperbaric MD.

They have choose to do IWR mainly because there is no chambers on the island, the DCI jump from Type I to Type II and looks like time as a critical factor.

After the IWR the diver have totally recovered from DCS, I have asked for László (MD) to write about the treatment, he made a detailed report on a group we have in Facebook, but unfortunately it's in portuguese.
    Can you copy paste and translate via google translate? Surely we will make something out of it.. It will probably mostly numbers and minutes, depth etc....

Spyros

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6