+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inspiration buzzer

Custom Title Allowed! Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia's Avatar

Inspiration buzzer

Hello,

As I fitted a flow stop to my YBOD, after some suggestions from here decided to move buzzer from left side to righ side! just near my ear ! The only problem was that during the dive it was like I was wearing a crah helmet ! My ears were always in contact with one side buzzer and other side ADV! The buzzer was mounted on the inner side of T piece, where do you have your's ? on the T piece or on the outside ? But do you strech hose/wire in doing so?

Pierre

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

slightly off topic

This is slightly off topic and I hope i remember accurately...

But whilst speaking to Kevin Gurr he told me that they had done a bunch of analysis and had decided to reject using a buzzer as tests had shown that if the shit hits the fan, low pp02 co2 hit etc the hearing is the first thing the body tunes out?

Stuart

Decodiver
    I keep the buzzer on the original side, facing outwards under the ADV connection.

Custom Title Allowed! Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia's Avatar
    DecoDiver,

I moved ADV to left hand side again but I noticed that interfered with the flow stop! The plastic reatiner of buzzer to T piece will get in the way of flow stop, thus stopping you from open it the last 3mm! So I think will have to go on right again or was thinking to cable tie it to a hose.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Decodiver
    I keep the buzzer on the original side, facing outwards under the ADV connection.

Decodiver
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Farrugia
    DecoDiver,

I moved ADV to left hand side again but I noticed that interfered with the flow stop! The plastic reatiner of buzzer to T piece will get in the way of flow stop, thus stopping you from open it the last 3mm! So I think will have to go on right again or was thinking to cable tie it to a hose.

Thanks
    Can't help there Pierre, I don't use the flowstop as I think they are shite.

Also, if you are going to cable tie it, be careful it is at Ambient pressure so you don't want to pinch it.

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar
    Right, on outside of hose.

I think that the buzzer will go off way before the symptoms of deafness occur...

Banned AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM's Avatar
    Pierre, a good CCR diver will be aware of erroneous conditions in the loop long before the buzzer is expected to beep.

+ Reply to Thread