+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CCR course/Cebu, Inspiration or MK6 recommendations?

RBW Member 156846 is an unknown quantity at this point 156846's Avatar

CCR course/Cebu, Inspiration or MK6 recommendations?

Hi all,

I plan to take a CCR basic course on cebu.

this school PADI Tec Diving Rebreather Courses, Scotty's Dive Centre Mactan, Cebu and Boracay Island Philippines offers for my qualification level the PADI basic CCR course, which is fine for me:
    Tec Instructor

(for this level) they offer courses for the INSPIRATION and the MK 6 unit. I can take the courses on both of those CCR`s but I have to buy one in order to get certified on this unit (it`s a PADI rule, not their`s).

I checked the basic info about those units on the inet already, but I wanted to ask you abou your experience with thse units for a CCR beginner (PADI AOW, Nitrox, 65 dives)? Also of course connected to costs of the unit. It`s hard to find concrete retailer and maintainance prizes for those units on the inet.

Thx for yr help!

RBW Member 156846 is an unknown quantity at this point 156846's Avatar

Re: CCR course/Cebu, Inspiration or MK6 recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by 156846  View Original Post
    Hi all,

I plan to take a CCR basic course on cebu.

this school PADI Tec Diving Rebreather Courses, Scotty's Dive Centre Mactan, Cebu and Boracay Island Philippines offers for my qualification level the PADI basic CCR course, which is fine for me:
    Tec Instructor

(for this level) they offer courses for the INSPIRATION and the MK 6 unit. I can take the courses on both of those CCR`s but I have to buy one in order to get certified on this unit (it`s a PADI rule, not their`s).

I checked the basic info about those units on the inet already, but I wanted to ask you abou your experience with thse units for a CCR beginner (PADI AOW, Nitrox, 65 dives)? Also of course connected to costs of the unit. It`s hard to find concrete retailer and maintainance prizes for those units on the inet.

Thx for yr help!
    meanwhile I checked the costs as well: I think those two units are about eur 5.000,--, right?

maybe I shouldn`t go for the PADI certificate and go for KISS GEM certificate only? KISS is about eur 3.000,-- I guess?

maybe I should test drive a CCR and a SCR first to see how big the diff really is?

starting this hobby is kinda difficult

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

First off, you do NOT have to buy a rebreather to be certified on it.

Its obviously a good idea to buy one or have access to one soon after otherwise you will loose your skills. Perhaps they dont have any rentals available?

Both of these units follow the same philosophy - automated calibration and 02 control.

The MKVI is in my opinion still more rec than tec and the Evo is still more tec than rec. Both will do either, but its easy to see that the Evo was a tec machine made rec and the Poseidon visa versa.

If you are small, the MKVI might be better for you. I would DEFINITELY do a try dive first. Nobody should be forced to buy a CCR before trying them out first.

Its such a personal choice, like cars. Some people love trucks, some people hate them. Some people want a sports cars, others need a people carrier for the kids.

Good luck!

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

meanwhile I checked the costs as well: I think those two units are about eur 5.000,--, right?

maybe I shouldn`t go for the PADI certificate and go for KISS GEM certificate only? KISS is about eur 3.000,-- I guess?

maybe I should test drive a CCR and a SCR first to see how big the diff really is?

Speak to Doug Ebersole on here about the Gem. Its very different to eCCR.

RBW Member hades is an unknown quantity at this point hades's Avatar
    Poseidon Discovery Mk VI

Me personally I like MK6 better because I'm a small build and Evo is too big for me. MK6 made for Rec dive and it served it purposed. Like Chris said, try it first before buy it. You don't need to buy the unit to get certify. You can rent the unit during course and after you got certification. Good luck and have fun.

RBW Member Long-dive is an unknown quantity at this point Long-dive's Avatar
    Submatix

Classic Inspiration, Quantum

Smile Re: CCR course/Cebu, Inspiration or MK6 recommendations?

Hi 156846,
    It's true, you don't need to buy the unit for the certification. Take your time before to invest in a unit and you can sometime if possible do an intro to Rebreather. Some diveshop do it. But important is to know what is your goal with rebreather, then it can be more easy to choose. I mean between SCR and CCR. Mechanical or Electronically.
    Enjoy your dive.
    William.

+ Reply to Thread