+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CCR the next step?

CCR the next step?

Hello all, been on OC for a bit, and I am wondering if I might go rebreather, but have so many questions and have no clue where to start.

I have done a little bit of reading on here, but it starts to get a bit confusing, having no experience with CCR. So I will start with a few questions that I can think of for now. Please post any that I didn't think of.

I want to do tech/wreck dives
    I like to do shallow, but also do deep (250ft range)

are different rigs meant for wrecks and caves? I might do caves, but haven't got'n that far for training yet.

Sorry for this short list, but like I said, it gets confusing and I am not sure where to start. So I would like to find out what type of rig would fit my needs tech/wrecks dives that I would like to do.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: CCR the next step?

Quote Originally Posted by KneeDeep  View Original Post
    Hello all, been on OC for a bit, and I am wondering if I might go rebreather, but have so many questions and have no clue where to start.

I have done a little bit of reading on here, but it starts to get a bit confusing, having no experience with CCR. So I will start with a few questions that I can think of for now. Please post any that I didn't think of.

are different rigs meant for wrecks and caves? I might do caves, but haven't got'n that far for training yet.

Sorry for this short list, but like I said, it gets confusing and I am not sure where to start. So I would like to find out what type of rig would fit my needs tech/wrecks dives that I would like to do.
    Welcome to rebreather world.
    I dive a megalodon and I use the same rebreather for open water, I dive lots of wrecks in both warm and cold water and I use it in caves both warm and cold water. Although I might change the tank sizes and harness configuration for different environments the basic setup is the same regardless where I dive.
    There are many helpful and experienced RB divers on this forum so keep asking questions and I'm sure you'll get the answers you need.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Welcome - May I suggest you share your location... It may be possible for a local CCR diver to spend some time with you to review the technology.

Personally, I dive a rEvo. As you start to think about which CCR to purchase, instructors will normally teach on a few models of units... The choice you have is to pick a unit then find the instructor who teaches on the unit or pick the instructor and select a unit they teach on.

Take you time - No rush as its a big purchase.

Dwayne

RBW Member Agent 47 is on a distinguished road Agent 47 is on a distinguished road Agent 47's Avatar
    rEvo 3 mini RMS

Megladon

Another thing you may find useful is the "travel-ability" of the unit you choose. I have used the revo mini for three years now and I love it for travel. It's small enough that I can carry it on fully assembled and ready to fill and dive when I get there. It is extremely compact and now with RMS will give you the longest run times per lb of sorb of any unit available. Again, during travel to places where sorb can be hard to come by and expensive I really like this feature.

RBW Member Bubblemaster is an unknown quantity at this point Bubblemaster's Avatar
    ISC Megalodon CE

Draeger dolphin, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by KneeDeep  View Original Post

Most serious rebreathers can do what you want.
    But for me a very important part is number of failure points and if my back likes the rebreather. Unfortunately that is something I discovered only after intensive diving with my former rebreather. i love my megalodon. It goes anywhere with me, gets really beaten up (inspo would really had been broken multiple times despite the fact that i really like the inspo) and so far it is the most trustworthy device i have ever dived. The more I dive it the more I appreciate my meg. Only getting a cave meg now just to make travel easier and wish that I had done that sooner.

+ Reply to Thread