+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Howto mount GoPro

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

Re: Howto mount GoPro

Try a helmet. That way, you have have also lights installed on it.

Spyros

Classic KISS Pilot Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Arrow Re: Howto mount GoPro

Quote Originally Posted by kjetilpa  View Original Post
    I have now 30-40 dives with my GoPro Hero2. But how to mount this in order to acheive a good "view" and a smooth filming?
    I have tried to mount it on the loop with rubberbands, but this caused much movement, and I always have to "se" in the direction I want to film. Not the best solution.
    I have also tried to mount it on my head, with the same result as on the loop.
    The best way (for me) is to hold it in my right hand, secured to the secondary display. This way, I can operate the camera and the display at the same time. And I do not have to see the same way as the camera.
    Any comments on this - or other experiences?
    This movie is from a wall-dive yesterday.
    Kippenes, Norway - With GoPro to 30 meters
    I've had the unit strapped to tank on the back on Sidemounted tanks hand held & now the Helmet, Helmet is good you can leave it on your head or take it off & hand hold it too.
    My issues are Lighting i have none
    Last edited by Rickoz; 16th September 2012 at 05:30. Reason: photos didn't add :(

Classic KISS Pilot Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Try again to add pictures
    Attached Images

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

be careful with the helmet idea... I ski and shooting HD video and this was the first way in which we mounted bullet style cameras wired to a HD recorder in a backpack. After reviewing the tape, we all felt sick... remember, where your head moves so does the camera. We found the best place is a central location with little to no lateral movement- IE the chest. Now that just doesn't do so well for diving so I believe the best way is mounted to a tray and held with lights attached. Better control of the on/off as well as a more central placement of the video tracking.

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

Both of these videos were shot with helmet mounted GoPro.

The beauty of this setup is that you can easily unclip it when you need to change shot angles(as done in these videos) but then you clip it on when hands are needed.
    As in here
    When clipped it is much more stable than hand held and fits into smaller places than scooter mounted. Also, YSWYS - "you shoot what you see"
    I usualy mount a light on the other side of the helmet.

Classic KISS

Quote Originally Posted by lof  View Original Post
    Both of these videos were shot with helmet mounted GoPro.

The beauty of this setup is that you can easily unclip it when you need to change shot angles(as done in these videos) but then you clip it on when hands are needed.
    When clipped it is much more stable than hand held and fits into smaller places than scooter mounted. Also, YSWYS - "you shoot what you see"
    I usualy mount a light on the other side of the helmet.
    Could i ask what Type & Size 02 bottle was used with the SM RB

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

2 liter steel

RBW Member mandijames is an unknown quantity at this point mandijames's Avatar

be careful with the helmet idea... I ski and shooting HD video and this was the first way in which we mounted bullet style cameras wired to a HD recorder in a backpack.

RBW Member Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol's Avatar

In good vis where lights are no so important I used the straps that come with the go pro to mount it on the back of my hand. Good results

I have also mounted on a scooter - again good results

Tried mounting on the shoulder of my rebreather - hard to get the right angle to make sure you film in right direction.

My current plan is to mount the go pro on a custom plate and use a flexible camera mount to also mount my sola video light and have the plate mounted on the back of my hand. This way I will have lights and also the video plus hands free action...

Will let you know when I have done this..

RBW Member thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster's Avatar
    APD Evolution Vision

I got an isteadyshot -> Go Pro Pro Holder Dive mount | iSteady Shot

Which is a lot more stable than using the head strap, or a grip type handle, and I'm much happier with the videos its producing. But I have to say, I think the unit needs alot more weight too it, as it wobbles/moves with the slightest of hand movement, no matter how/where you mount it - from the videos I've seen, the scooter mounted videos have been the best.

We need a heavy/but neutrally buoyant holder for it me thinks...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast