+ Reply to Thread

Thread: G'day

RBW Member the.cypha is an unknown quantity at this point the.cypha's Avatar
    Inspo

Sentinel

G'day

Hi All,
    I'm completely fresh to the idea of rebreathers but very excited to get started with using one. I'm a PADI dive master trainee living in Brisbane Australia who wants to buy his first rebreather next year and is now doing research into different types and models that interest me.

Essentially I'm wanting to dive deeper, longer and interested in seeing how the underwater life interacts without bubbles. What I don't want though is to outlay a substantial amount on a unit only to find out in 6 - 12 months time that it is not suited to what I want to do with it.

I guess for me I want a balance of depth, scrubber time, portability and reliability (perfect world huh). Right now the Poseidon Tech interests me but I will have to wait and see what they finally come out with in November. Can anyone shed some light into which models they dive and why so I can try and make a more informed decision?

Ohhh and I want to be able to dive full face mask as well.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

RBW Member Robert Saunders is an unknown quantity at this point Robert Saunders's Avatar

Re: G'day

I had similar requirements and chose the rEvo III mirco FT with rMS.

It travels with me as carry-on baggage and I'm getting 6-7hrs per 1.3kg scrubber in warm water. The unit is easy to maintain and to date it hasn't caused me to miss a dive.

--
    Regards,
    Robert

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Re: G'day

Hi And welcome to RBW. There are quite a few different choices available so do a bit of research and see what units will fill your needs. Each unit has different features which may or may not suit what you want so look closely at what they have to offer. After you have narrowed them down try to arrange a try dive on them.....That will give you a feel for each unit and should make the final choice a little easier.

Good luck with your choice.......You'll be blown away by the silence when you try one!!!

Regards,

Lance

Dive Addicts Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton's Avatar
    Hammerhead, P2, SF2, Flex, Evo

Inspo, Sent, Optima, Mk15, Dol

Best thing to do is try a few and look at the differences rather than just reading about them.

Also remember with a full face mask on a rebreather you need one with a telescoping mouth piece so as not to build up CO2. The panorama from draeger or the Kirby Morgan masks are good examples.

Especially if using a full face mask I recommend regardless of which rebreather you use to get a BOV (bailout valve).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread