+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The ACME computer/rebreather controller

Dive different. cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys's Avatar
    MK15.5, MK15, LARV

KISS Classic

Re: The ACME computer/rebreather controller

Quote Originally Posted by jradomski  View Original Post
    I'm talking about coverting any of the buhlman code out there... it generally requires little work to get going on any platform, but they are mostly all brute force and lots of unnecessary work is constantly being done...

Joe -- Have you worked your decompression codes into a handset with external ppO2 monitoring and solenoid control? Can you share any pics?

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by cys  View Original Post
    Joe -- Have you worked your decompression codes into a handset with external ppO2 monitoring and solenoid control? Can you share any pics?

over the years I have built probably 10 different controllers (not sure what I still have floating around).. My deco code is currently in use by a certain manufacturer and will probably be licensed by another..

I designed a PPO2 monitor for a specific client but in the end he decide to focus his company elsewhere.. I had it running with deco code (menu structure similiar to the HH) for a few months about 5 years ago.. I think the board I have (would proably have to hand assemble another) will fit in a rev d housing with alot of space on the sided.. actually needs a square box.

I have been planning on doing a revamp this year but haven't had the time.. The last design had all components except the cpu redundant, and had on board hardware validation.. (It was built as if it was a medical device but with extreme low power requirements).,. It even had 3 redundant (although in normal operation one was standby and the other 2 split functionality) power sources in the controller..

I really need to see if I can get back on it.. the last unbuilt version supported a user interface with 5 languages.. a 4x20 character display but was designed for a TFT graphics upgrade as well..

it charged and downloaded by USB (2 sets of recordable non volitile memory both flash and FRAM, and a supercap backed up ram)

I would probably update it to add bluetooth and acclerometer to determine orientation but would keep the USB support..
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

The NHD-0216KZW-AG5.
    Thanks

Dive different. cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys's Avatar
    MK15.5, MK15, LARV

KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by jradomski  View Original Post
    over the years I have built probably 10 different controllers (not sure what I still have floating around).. My deco code is currently in use by a certain manufacturer and will probably be licensed by another..

I designed a PPO2 monitor for a specific client but in the end he decide to focus his company elsewhere.. I had it running with deco code (menu structure similiar to the HH) for a few months about 5 years ago.. I think the board I have (would proably have to hand assemble another) will fit in a rev d housing with alot of space on the sided.. actually needs a square box.

I have been planning on doing a revamp this year but haven't had the time.. The last design had all components except the cpu redundant, and had on board hardware validation.. (It was built as if it was a medical device but with extreme low power requirements).,. It even had 3 redundant (although in normal operation one was standby and the other 2 split functionality) power sources in the controller..

I really need to see if I can get back on it.. the last unbuilt version supported a user interface with 5 languages.. a 4x20 character display but was designed for a TFT graphics upgrade as well..

it charged and downloaded by USB (2 sets of recordable non volitile memory both flash and FRAM, and a supercap backed up ram)

I would probably update it to add bluetooth and acclerometer to determine orientation but would keep the USB support..

I could add a 4 x 20 oled tomorrow if I had the housing for it. Looking at TFTs, too though. I built in the traces on my pcb for an eeprom chip on the spi bus, just need to move through my list of stuff to get there.

Interesting... Thanks for posting that.

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

I could add a 4 x 20 oled tomorrow if I had the housing for it. Looking at TFTs, too though. I built in the traces on my pcb for an eeprom chip on the spi bus, just need to move through my list of stuff to get there.

Interesting... Thanks for posting that.
    Why not using simple and cheap micro-sd card?

Best,

Igor P

Sent ftom my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk.

MK15.5, MK15, LARV

KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Igor P  View Original Post
    Why not using simple and cheap micro-sd card?

Best,

Igor P

Sent ftom my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk.
    Because the eeprom is simple, cheap *and* small.... The chip is going to set me back $3. I'm adaptive though. What do you have in mind for a card reader?

TR300c (mCCR)

Because the eeprom is simple, cheap *and* small.... The chip is going to set me back $3. I'm adaptive though. What do you have in mind for a card reader?
    one idea could be:
    Micro SD card Tutorial - using SD cards with an Arduino!
    This way you can simpli create logs of dives in separate files and so on ....
    Mabe costs a bit more but worth of ...

MK15.5, MK15, LARV

KISS Classic

one idea could be:
    Micro SD card Tutorial - using SD cards with an Arduino!
    This way you can simpli create logs of dives in separate files and so on ....
    Mabe costs a bit more but worth of ...
    My Shearwater Predator secondary is my datalogger. For now I'm going to stick with the eeprom chip. All I want to save are the calibration factors and possibly some deco related info. I have the chips already and the pads are in place. Just need to write a driver for it. It also involves fine solder work which I find peaceful...

TR300c (mCCR)

My Shearwater Predator secondary is my datalogger. For now I'm going to stick with the eeprom chip. All I want to save are the calibration factors and possibly some deco related info. I have the chips already and the pads are in place. Just need to write a driver for it. It also involves fine solder work which I find peaceful...
    I save calibration data and some constants for decompression calculation in onboard/microcontrolers eeprom. Only the tissue and log data are saved on micro-SD

MK15.5, MK15, LARV

KISS Classic

I save calibration data and some constants for decompression calculation in onboard/microcontrolers eeprom. Only the tissue and log data are saved on micro-SD
    Onboard flash only became available on the netduino mini 2 weeks ago with the latest firmware release. Too early to try moving over to that as they will be uncovering bugs for a while, most likely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast