View Poll Results: Bailout

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because of the effects of a CO2 hit?

28 27.18%
  • Because you noticed a mechanical/electronic issue?

38 36.89%
  • Never had to bail out.

37 35.92%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Bailout

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Re: Bailout

Quote Originally Posted by SlowDiver  View Original Post
    Once, my first dive after certification. Was at Orange Grove which is part of a cave system in N. Fl. and at the surface with mouth piece out (and in the surface position) and talking to my dive partner DUCK WEED got into the mouth piece and found it's way into the mushroom valves and made them non-functional. Next morning worse headack I think I have ever had. Six years of bubbless diving since and no trouble.

Fred
    Never thought about stuff in the water interfering with the valves... Certainly could be an issue for me and the ocean I dive in - Lots of funky stuff in the water. Thanks!

Supporting Member lievenb is an unknown quantity at this point lievenb's Avatar
    SF-2

Prism2, Explorer, rEvoIII

Quote Originally Posted by DwayneJ  View Original Post
    Same dive? That sucks.
    lol!

CEO-Shearwater
    bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri's Avatar
    rEvo, JJ

Meg,CCR2000,KISS,Inspo,Dolphin

If any of you have the time, can you please enter your incident information into the DAN Dive Incident Database.

It is online at https://www.diversalertnetwork.org/r...ncidentReport/ and has a section for rebreathers.

We can rarely determine the cause of fatalities with certainty, since the main participant is no longer with us. That means that the incident database may be our best chance of getting the real sequence of events that lead to near misses.

If we want to reduce fatalities, we have to understand the accident sequences better.

Bruce
    The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge.
    http://www.shearwater.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4