+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 40metre deco dive, suffered Spinal bend

RBW Member seaurchindivers is an unknown quantity at this point seaurchindivers's Avatar
    Drager Dolphin

drager ray, Submatix mCCR

40metre deco dive, suffered Spinal bend

Dived July 2012 on Cominoland in Malta. 40metre, 13 mins deco, had a 2 hr surface interval from similar 40 metre dive. 2nd days diving, well hydrated, done all stops plus 3 mins, ascent was at 2.7 metre per min. Suffered girdle pains at 3 metres. At surface after 5 mins, dizzy, sick pins and needles in leg, felt very odd
    . Helicopter to Malta, symptoms had mostly gone by reaching hospital (4 hours) was on 02 all the time, just dizzy. wasnt decocompressed. (big mistake) returned home after a few days, went into chamber at DDRC to treat dizziness. Full recovery.. Going for a PFO test.

Not a experience I would like to repeat!!

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Re: 40metre deco dive, suffered Spinal bend

Glad to hear you are fully recovered. Sometimes even the safest plan turns bad. For no obvious reason.

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

Glad u made it through.

Any unsual behavior prior to the dive? Lack of sleep, eating disorder, tiredness, anythiing u might think of?

Spyros

RBW Member seaurchindivers is an unknown quantity at this point seaurchindivers's Avatar
    Drager Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw  View Original Post
    Glad u made it through.

Any unsual behavior prior to the dive? Lack of sleep, eating disorder, tiredness, anythiing u might think of?

Spyros
    Model dive, done this dive so many times, easy dive, no issues. so at a loss to know, hence going to have a PFO test to see if that shows anything. first hit after 27 years of diving!! arrrrr

RBW Member Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

That sucks man. What deco calculation did you use? Buhl, GF, VPM?

Did you think about going back to 6m / 9m when the pain started?

Drager Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Jantje  View Original Post
    That sucks man. What deco calculation did you use? Buhl, GF, VPM?

Did you think about going back to 6m / 9m when the pain started?
    Did think it was dci at the time ( underwater), obvious now. VPM on sunnto vytek. Ive usd this machine for years.

Done 9x 6m dives (teaching) 1x 20 meter dive, all do decco, trying a 34 metre no deco dive sat if weather ok.

Andy

RBW Member Paul S is on a distinguished road Paul S is on a distinguished road Paul S's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by seaurchindivers  View Original Post
    VPM on sunnto vytek. Ive usd this machine for years
    That's RGBM on a Suunto, not VPM.

Regardless, I'm glad you're recovering well.

Drager Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S  View Original Post
    That's RGBM on a Suunto, not VPM.

Regardless, I'm glad you're recovering well.
    yes sorry i had a Vrx with me, was on VGM, that was set to a slightly more aggressive level , but i didnt deco to that, as it cleared far to early. My suunto was set to 50% as it has been always, have now set it to 100% now.

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Quote Originally Posted by seaurchindivers  View Original Post
    yes sorry i had a Vrx with me, was on VGM, that was set to a slightly more aggressive level , but i didnt deco to that, as it cleared far to early. My suunto was set to 50% as it has been always, have now set it to 100% now.
    Wow, sorry to hear that. Definite candidate for a PFO. Let us know what the results of your test are!

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris at Silent World  View Original Post
    Wow, sorry to hear that. Definite candidate for a PFO. Let us know what the results of your test are!
    +1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast