+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 Truk Lagoon Expedition

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

2013 Truk Lagoon Expedition

We will be running another Truk Lagoon Expedition early October 2013 and as time seems to slip by so quickly these days I thought I'd better start working on next years trip.

It's too early to be able to secure the flight prices at the moment so I can't put up the pricing yet but I'm not expecting it to change a lot. I'll put up the pricing as I have it.

I have been saying this for the past few years but the last time I was there in June, I was shocked by the extent of the damage the wrecks suffered after a large storm went through. Masts are down and large sections of some of the wrecks have collapsed. There is still a lot to see and the experience of diving these wrecks is still awesome but time is taking it's toll on them and every year more of these magnificent wrecks crumble.

2012_06_21_2576RSs.jpg
    Destroyer Oite Bow Section

2012_06_23_2696RSs.jpg
    Katsuragisan Maru Mid Section Port Side

2012_06_22_2683REs.jpg
    Fujukawa Maru Bridge

If you have been considering going to Truk to see ships still loaded with their war supplies do it sooner rather than later as what is there now may not be there to see in the near future. There are sections of some wrecks I am not comfortable to enter any longer and others have what was there to see covered in sheets of rust.

Last trip I decided to venture out and start looking at what relics remain above the water and we were really surprised at what remains. The next trip this October I hope to have some of the trails leading up to the more remote relics opened up again and we will be the first to see them in some time and I am really excited about this. A lot of trips only concentrate on what lies below the water and don't even mention what else is there to see.

2012_06_27_3037REs.jpg
    Japanese Hospital

2012_06_27_3051REs.jpg
    Japanese School

2012_06_27_3093REs.jpg
    Japanese Communication Center

2012_06_27_3096REs.jpg
    Local Boy Showing us a Japanese Bunker

If you'd like to come and join us we have Rebreather support and we also cater for Open Circuit divers. There are 3 options for you depending where you're coming from or how you'd like to get there

Join us in either:-
    Cairns
    Guam
    Truk

Let me know if you would like to join us or book a group.

2012_06_27_3073REs.jpg
    Eten Island end of Runway (The Unsinkable Aircraft Carrier)

Regards,

Lance

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar

Re: 2013 Truk Lagoon Expedition

I have finalized the pricing for next years trip and am pleased to say it’s the same as this year. There is a slight price increase in O2 and a bug jump in the Helium price but I am working to secure a better price.

Ex Cairns $2850.00au

Ex Guam $2590.00au

Join at Truk $1920.00au

The trip will include the following
    • Airfares either from Cairns or Guam and return or join us at Truk and make your own travel arrangements
    • Transfers from Truk airport to and from the resort
    • Twin Share Accommodation
    • 18 dives
    • Bailout tanks
    • 1 Air fill/dive
    • Dive permit valid for 1 year
    Additional costs
    • Meals
    • Drinks
    • Oxygen
    • Sorb
    • Trimix
    • Nitrox
    • Any additional tanks or dive equipment hire
    Places for the trip is limited and are filling so either PM or email me to avoid disappointment.

Regards,

Lance

I'm working on the trip getting the logistics sorted and this years trip is shaping up to be another good one. There are still a few places so if you are looking for a well run wreck trip with all the hard work and hassles sorted for you and at a great price then look no further.

You can join us in Cairns, Guam or Truk depending on where you're coming from.

Regards,

Lance

We have a good size group of CCR divers heading over to Truk this October and there are still a few places left but time is running out........

Regards,

Lance

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

This day next week, will be on the Plane :)

+ Reply to Thread