+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ligurian Sea returns another ship, likely the wreck of the Italian destroyer Gioberti

RBW Member edivad is an unknown quantity at this point edivad's Avatar
    ISC Megalodon

Ligurian Sea returns another ship, likely the wreck of the Italian destroyer Gioberti

Ligurian Sea returns another ship, likely the wreck of the Italian destroyer Vincenzo GIOBERTI.

Yesterday, 10 August, Lorenzo Del Veneziano (discoverer of the wreck of the German u-boot U-455) with Roberto Liguori and Lorenzo Stucchi dived a "new" shipwreck offshore Deiva Marina (La Spezia, Italy).

The wreck is lying on a deep trench with a depth of 150 to 260 meters. The stern of the ship (divided into two sections) is incredibly hanging on the edge of the precipice: on the starboard side, the bottom is 156 m deep; On the left one, the depth is indefinite because the depth sounder goes out of range; the highest part of the stern reaches the depth of 142 meters.

Despite the good weather and sea conditions it took three hours to place a safe mooring on the wreck.
    The dive was challenging, but conducted successfully, thanks to the skill and preparation of the divers. Very precious was the assistance work, conducted with mastery by Davide De Marco. Thanks to Elena D'Amico and Massimo for their help and the valuable collaboration.
    A challenging exploration, a new "team success".
    Attached Images
    Last edited by edivad; 11th August 2012 at 17:54. Reason: insert date

Andy Favata CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker's Avatar
    rEvo

Inspiration, Kiss classic

Re: Ligurian Sea returns another ship, likely the wreck of the Italian destroyer Giob

Fantastic! Congrats!!

What kind of bottom time did you guys pull? What was the overall runtime?
    Just curious, I know my limits

Andy

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

Re: Ligurian Sea returns another ship, likely the wreck of the Italian destroyer Giob

Such achievements surely deserve congradulations. Well done to everybody involved...

Spyros

RBW Member happy58900 is an unknown quantity at this point happy58900's Avatar
    Kiss !Kiss / GAF Hammerhead

Great thanks for sharing

RBW Member tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit Lte

Azimuth, KISS CLASSIC,KISS GEM

OK, I'm no tech genius but I'd really like to know why he has a 2X4 bungeed to his stage bottle?

Prince of darkness Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits's Avatar
    Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by tcascione  View Original Post
    OK, I'm no tech genius but I'd really like to know why he has a 2X4 bungeed to his stage bottle?
    It's to beat the sharks when they get to close I also notice it, all I can think is that it's a steel bottle and the 2x4 is there for buoyancy.

Al

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

He's a "stud"

RBW Member edivad is an unknown quantity at this point edivad's Avatar
    ISC Megalodon

hello!

Quote Originally Posted by CCR-Wrecker  View Original Post
    Fantastic! Congrats!!

What kind of bottom time did you guys pull? What was the overall runtime?
    Just curious, I know my limits

Andy
    for this first dive
    bottom time up to 14 minutes (more or less) between 140 and 150 mt with a runtime of 3 h (more or less)

the "thing" bungeed to the stage bottle of Roberto is for buoyancy (and not for shark!). We often use 20 lt steel bailout stage that can be negative (depends on the gas used).

thank you!

ADM/RBW Staff John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Here's a hearty WELL DONE to the entire team!!!!

RBW Member Mario will become famous soon enough Mario will become famous soon enough Mario will become famous soon enough Mario will become famous soon enough Mario's Avatar

Congratulazioni!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast