+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: IP pressures for O2 and dil regs

RBW Member Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester's Avatar
    rEvo III Magnum

IP pressures for O2 and dil regs

What are the IPs for the regs on the rEvo 3 hybrid non-RMS?

RBW Member Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester's Avatar
    rEvo III Magnum

What is the flow rate?

RBW Member Paul S is on a distinguished road Paul S is on a distinguished road Paul S's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini hCCR

Re: IP pressures for O2 and dil regs

In Paul's 'Understanding Constant Mass Flow' document he says:
    In the normal rEvo setup, the IP is set at +/- 11 bars absolute (10 bars overpressure) and the flow at surface is +/- 0.8l/min.
    That's on the O2 side of course. I don't know about the diluent.

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Diluent can be set much lower than 11bar especially if you plan do go deep. Otherwise leave it as Apeks recommends it.

RBW Member Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

Hi TH,

It depends of course on the flow you want.
    I have both 1st stages on 9 bar as that flow is enough for me, but most have the O2 interstage pressure higher. Around 10, 11 bar? (More than 12 bar is not stable.)

From http://www.revo-rebreathers.com/uplo..._Mass_Flow.pdf:

Code:
    In the normal rEvo setup, the IP is set at +/11 bars 
    absolute (10 bars overpressure) and the flow at surface is +/0.8l/ min. 
    At a depth of 100m, the water pressure equals the IP, so the
    maximum recommended working depth of the rEvo in mCCR of hCCR mode is 80m.

Lowering the IP, to decrease the mass flow to match the flow to 
    a lower metabolic consumption, will also decrease the maximum 
    operation depth of the unit: every bar the IP is decreased, the
    maximum recommended operation depth decreases with 10m.
    Paul also commented some in this thread: http://www.rebreatherworld.com/revo-...tml#post409358
    On the non-RMS rEvo is a .0035 orifice.
    Last edited by Jantje; 10th August 2012 at 15:13.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Stephane  View Original Post
    Diluent can be set much lower than 11bar especially if you plan do go deep. Otherwise leave it as Apeks recommends it.
    The Diluent can be set as low as you want. It depth compensating and a deep dive will not affect it like on the O2 regulator. Mine is set at 8bar for the dil so that the POS designed ADV will not leak at depth.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

rEvo III Magnum

Thanks guys. Hope you are doing well Jan. I just wanted to know what my IP should be when I check it. Doing a big dive this week-end with the AUE on a wreck of the Sea City Empire. I have dove it once before, and I am really excited about going back.

rEvo III Magnum

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    The Diluent can be set as low as you want. It depth compensating and a deep dive will not affect it like on the O2 regulator. Mine is set at 8bar for the dil so that the POS designed ADV will not leak at depth.
    Thanks Don, I have noticed some leaking of the ADV.

RBW Member jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat's Avatar
    rEvo 3 MICRO FT

rEvo 3 Standard HCCR, MEG 2.01

TJ --

**My DIL is at 8 bar Like Don's, but I have the environmental seal and plunger removed all the time. Seems to make the ADV behave better on deep dives for me.. Some people feel if you have a BOV plumbed into the CCR's Dil you should not remove the seal and plunger... I don't use a BOV so I have no comment..

**MY 02 reg on my NON RMS rEvo Standard was set at 9 Bar = .072 LPM when in Hybrid mode

RMS Micro in Hybrid Mode 02 reg -- Paul says to set at 12 Bar..

FYI --- When in ECCR mode my 02 reg is set at 8 Bar IP....

John

Martin Michel Tinu is an unknown quantity at this point Tinu's Avatar
    rEvo micro exp, RMS + NERD

rEvo standard

Quote Originally Posted by jcmankat  View Original Post
    TJ --

**My DIL is at 8 bar Like Don's, but I have the environmental seal and plunger removed all the time. Seems to make the ADV behave better on deep dives for me.. Some people feel if you have a BOV plumbed into the CCR's Dil you should not remove the seal and plunger... I don't use a BOV so I have no comment..
    The seal and the plunger makes the DIL reg overcompensated.
    This means with 11bar @ surface in the depth eg 90m the ip will be much more than 21bar (11 + 10 for the depth).
    It already happend, that the ADV leeked in such depth.

Why overcompensating? The deeper, the more atoms/molecules are in one breath, the harder it gets and it needs more work to breath (-> higher WOB). With a higher ip they try to overcome this effect.
    With a BOV (=2nd stages) you must decide between higher WOB on BOV or higher risk of a leeking ADV.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast