+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Outer Banks Diving

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

Re: Outer Banks Diving

Quote Originally Posted by silent running  View Original Post
    Hi Gary, glad to know you had a good experience, spoke to Dave earlier today. He was on point, but it all depends on whether there are enough people to go out when I get there. Now, where to get O2, as neither of the recommended boats can supply it... -Andy
    Where are you coming from or flying in to?

RBW Member liztribe is on a distinguished road liztribe is on a distinguished road liztribe's Avatar
    Megalodon

Now, where to get O2, as neither of the recommended boats can supply it... -Andy
    Confirm with JT, but I recall that he was able to supply O2 as he does nitrox and trimix fills. We had our own supply of O2 and booster with us when we were there so I didn't pay close attention but I believe he did mention he could provide us with partial pressure filled O2. You wouldn't get HP boosted O2 but a partial pressure fill from K to 2200 PSI should be sufficient and he could even probably top you off between dives.

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by barney  View Original Post
    Where are you coming from or flying in to?
    I'm driving down from Brooklyn, so I have some flexibility...

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by liztribe  View Original Post
    Confirm with JT, but I recall that he was able to supply O2 as he does nitrox and trimix fills. We had our own supply of O2 and booster with us when we were there so I didn't pay close attention but I believe he did mention he could provide us with partial pressure filled O2. You wouldn't get HP boosted O2 but a partial pressure fill from K to 2200 PSI should be sufficient and he could even probably top you off between dives.
    I asked him, he didn't seem to know where to get O2. Outer Banks Divers said they have O2, but if I don't dive with them, might not be an option..

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

I'm driving down from Brooklyn, so I have some flexibility...
    How many days are you planning on diving? If you can't bring an extra set of bottles, perhaps consider bring an AL80 or something that you can whip off of. There are a couple shops you can hit in VB for gas if you can't get it in NY.

Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by barney  View Original Post
    How many days are you planning on diving? If you can't bring an extra set of bottles, perhaps consider bring an AL80 or something that you can whip off of. There are a couple shops you can hit in VB for gas if you can't get it in NY.
    If I'm lucky I'll get 3 days in. Was already thinking of renting/bringing an 80 of O2 from NYC and decanting, but it would be nice not to. If I can find med grade O2 in the farthest corners of Indonesia, I ought to be able to find it in North Carolina. I'll look into Virginia Beach as well, thanks for the tip! -Andy

RBW Member gkuzkin85 is on a distinguished road gkuzkin85 is on a distinguished road gkuzkin85's Avatar

Dave (Dive Hatteras) does supply Nitrox fills, so he may have O2 on hand. I know that he doesn't have a booster, but you might be able to trans-fill if he has O2 cylinders with decent pressure handy.

I bring my own, so I've never asked him. He's got to be getting his O2 from somewhere!

gk

Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by gkuzkin85  View Original Post
    Dave (Dive Hatteras) does supply Nitrox fills, so he may have O2 on hand. I know that he doesn't have a booster, but you might be able to trans-fill if he has O2 cylinders with decent pressure handy.

I bring my own, so I've never asked him. He's got to be getting his O2 from somewhere!

gk
    Thank you gk, but if he has a membrane system, he can make nitrox out of thin air, up to 36% if I'm not mistaken, no need for pure O2... -Andy

no O2 transfills available from Dive Hatteras.

Prism

Dolphin

Hello again, I will be attempting to dive Monday-Thursday with one of the 2 charter operations out of Hatteras recommended earlier in this thread. As of now, neither have any bookings, so I may be out of luck. But, if there's anybody else out there contemplating diving on those days, and there are other walk-ins, you may be able to make the difference between going out and not. I think the minimum is 4 for both boats. 30-40% chance of rain, light-moderate winds... -Andy