+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Linear mode with first post first?

RBW Member vicp is an unknown quantity at this point vicp's Avatar

Linear mode with first post first?

Is there a way to set the view on your threads so that it is in linear mode (showing all posts in a thread) but starting with #1 on top of the first page ending with the latest post as last on the last page (the way most other forums default to)?.

If I want to follow a thread from the biginning, presently i need to go to the last page and start at the bottom (for post #1). I have tried hybrid and threaded, but those do not seem to display all threads chronologically.

Thanks -

Re: Linear mode with first post first?

Found an older thread about the same problem. It was suggested to pick "linear mode - oldest first" in the user cp. I see the display options with linear and other modes when in a thread but cannot find it in the user cp and nothing that gives me the option to pick "oldest first".

Can someone please tell me where this option can be found? - Thanks

Thanks - finally found it!

There is always a "maybe" CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT RMS

Inspiration

Where did you find it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RBW Member txapacheguy is an unknown quantity at this point txapacheguy's Avatar
    None, but interested

Quote Originally Posted by CFU  View Original Post
    Where did you find it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    This is the only forum I frequent that has ever defaulted to showing the newest entries on a thread first. It aggravated me for months until I did the work to figure it out. Here is how I did it.

On the Rebreatherworld.com home page, (presumably once you are signed in), select "Quick Links" on the first row of options beneath the Rebreatherworld.com logo. Quick links should be a drop down menu. From "Quick Links", select "Edit Options". This will take you to a page from which you can select your personal settings for the website.

From the "Edit Options" page, scroll down to the third box full of options, which should be labeled "Thread Display Options". Open the drop down box for the thread display mode and select "Linear Mode-Oldest First". This should put thread entry #1 at the top of the list on page 1, and the newest entry at the bottom of the last page like most forums.

Safe Diving!!!

Will

+ Reply to Thread