+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First Warm Water Dive On A CCR

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

First Warm Water Dive On A CCR

Went to Maui a couple weeks ago and took my rebreather for the first time out of California. Wow it’s sure nice to dive in warm water and really clear visibility. My friend Glenn lives over there now and he dive a Prism Topaz. Glenn and I use to dive in California together.

I want to thank Dwayne J and John Mankat for helping me get ready for the trip. Thanks guys!

Best regards,
    Last edited by Chett.L; 9th May 2013 at 17:43.
    Chett. L

RBW Member jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat's Avatar
    rEvo 3 MICRO FT

rEvo 3 Standard HCCR, MEG 2.01

Re: First Warm Water Dive On A CCR

You are very welcome, and looks like you had stellar conditions !!

John

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Nice Chett! Thanks!!

Dwayne

RBW Member DGraham is on a distinguished road DGraham is on a distinguished road DGraham's Avatar
    APD Evoltion Vision

RB80 Clone/ KISS Sidewinder

Very nice Chett!! But you didn't tell me you went to Hawaii!! Holding out on me Huh??

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by DGraham  View Original Post
    Very nice Chett!! But you didn't tell me you went to Hawaii!! Holding out on me Huh??
    Auh...duh...but... you got to go away all over the place cave diving this summer too. Sorry pal no secrets between us, last week was just focused on you helping me with my Kenamatics for the boat that I hope we can go on soon. This boat project is taking longer then I wanted. Thank you for all your help!!!

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member SlicerDicer is on a distinguished road SlicerDicer is on a distinguished road SlicerDicer's Avatar
    MK15

Inspiration Vision

Where did you get your sorb? And who boosted your o2?

Also that looks like it was somewhere off of south maui?

Banned jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont's Avatar
    Revo3 RMS, Revo3 Micro FT, MEG

HH, YBOD, Drager, MK, etc.

Dude, cool, how did it go? what were the buoyancy characteristics like? did you have any issues adjusting?

I';m heading to the Dominican Republic and bringing the REVO, but will dive wet since the water is 84 so I'm curious.

Cheers,

JONT

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Went to Maui a couple weeks ago and took my rebreather for the first time out of California. Wow it’s sure nice to dive in warm water and really clear visibility. My friend Glenn lives over there now and he dive a Prism Topaz. Glenn and I use to dive in California together.

I want to thank Dwayne J and John Mankat for helping me get ready for the trip. Thanks guys!

Best regards,

RBW Member Agent 47 is on a distinguished road Agent 47 is on a distinguished road Agent 47's Avatar
    rEvo 3 mini RMS

Megladon

Quote Originally Posted by SlicerDicer  View Original Post

The Mala pier if I am not much mistaken, that turtle looks familiar. OT I have been unable to find a reliable source for boosted O2 in Mauii, where do you go?

RBW Member Agent 47 is on a distinguished road Agent 47 is on a distinguished road Agent 47's Avatar
    rEvo 3 mini RMS

Megladon

Quote Originally Posted by jont  View Original Post
    Dude, cool, how did it go? what were the buoyancy characteristics like? did you have any issues adjusting?

I';m heading to the Dominican Republic and bringing the REVO, but will dive wet since the water is 84 so I'm curious.

Cheers,

JONT
    I Just got back from Mauii and A couple months ago, Bonaire. I started out with a 5mm suit thinking to offset the buoyancy, but after suffering with excessive heat I ditched it and used the wing. I actually found it pretty easy do dive using the wing to offset the weight and just diving in shorts.

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by SlicerDicer  View Original Post

I checked the sorb on with my luggage but I printed out the safety data sheet rubber banded around the sorb with my phone number, this was John,s idea and I thank him for it. Got the 02 filled at Lahaina divers. The diving was off of Mckenna beach.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast