+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Mk15 Hose Adapters

  1. #1
    Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North...
    Posts
    2,373

    Mk15 Hose Adapters

    Before I get Martin at Tecme to make some, does anyone have a set of loop hose adapters lying around spare? I am after something that I can use to fit modern 1.5" ID / 1" cuff hoses to my unit with. I've been persevering with Draeger hose adapters that came with my unit but I really dont like them and after 4 years I think I can safely give up on the promised new set of adapters.

    Martin is happy he can make a set but if someone already has something then it saves a bit of hassle/time.

    Cheers,

    Stuart

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Todd Winn DZLHED is on a distinguished road DZLHED is on a distinguished road DZLHED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Maui County, Hawaii
    Posts
    210
    MK15/ LAR V/ SF-2

    Inspiration Vision/ Evolution

    Re: Mk15 Hose Adapters

    Let me know how you proceed. I'm interested in a pair and was going to have them made here. I'd be willing to go in with you on a couple of sets. Do you have a specific design you like?

  3. #3
    Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North...
    Posts
    2,373
    Quote Originally Posted by DZLHED  View Original Post
    Let me know how you proceed. I'm interested in a pair and was going to have them made here. I'd be willing to go in with you on a couple of sets. Do you have a specific design you like?
    I'd done a sketch I've sent to Martin, a simple thread one end and barb on the other. Nothing fancy. Sized for the HH hoses that Golem sell. I need to send Martin some more info but thought I would check here first before getting him to invest any time. I will keep you posted.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    RBW Member SlicerDicer is on a distinguished road SlicerDicer is on a distinguished road SlicerDicer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Whidbey Island WA
    Posts
    98
    MK15

    Inspiration Vision

    Re: Mk15 Hose Adapters

    Let me know as well.

  5. #5
    Blinded with science... deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    199
    rEvo Micro FT

    MK15.5, MK15

    Re: Mk15 Hose Adapters

    Hi Stuart,

    These have worked out very well for me:
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=19756

    The nice thing about them is that they allow you to remove hoses easily from the unit without "unclamping" them - they simply thread on and off. The post includes engineering drawings that any machinist should be able to follow. I have a spare set of the "center-section"-side pieces, but I don't have any spare nuts or "hose-side" pieces. You are welcome to them if they will help.

    Cheers,
    Lee

    Quote Originally Posted by lizardland  View Original Post
    Before I get Martin at Tecme to make some, does anyone have a set of loop hose adapters lying around spare? I am after something that I can use to fit modern 1.5" ID / 1" cuff hoses to my unit with. I've been persevering with Draeger hose adapters that came with my unit but I really dont like them and after 4 years I think I can safely give up on the promised new set of adapters.

    Martin is happy he can make a set but if someone already has something then it saves a bit of hassle/time.

    Cheers,

    Stuart

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by deepwrecksc; 27th July 2012 at 02:57. Reason: added more info

  6. #6
    Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North...
    Posts
    2,373
    Quote Originally Posted by deepwrecksc  View Original Post
    Hi Stuart,

    These have worked out very well for me:
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=19756

    The nice thing about them is that they allow you to remove hoses easily from the unit without "unclamping" them - they simply thread on and off. The post includes engineering drawings that any machinist should be able to follow. I have a spare set of the "center-section"-side pieces, but I don't have any spare nuts or "hose-side" pieces. You are welcome to them if they will help.

    Cheers,
    Lee
    Hi Lee,

    thanks, I used your drawings for the key dimensions for the sketches I sent to Martin. I remembered you pointed me to them before when I'd originally looked at getting adapters made.

    Cheers,

    Stuart

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    RBW Member udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    aurora ontario can
    Posts
    653
    prism,larv/tubx,leba54,dolphin

    mk15,lar vII, ray

    Re: Mk15 Hose Adapters

    Quote Originally Posted by lizardland  View Original Post
    Hi Lee,

    thanks, I used your drawings for the key dimensions for the sketches I sent to Martin. I remembered you pointed me to them before when I'd originally looked at getting adapters made.

    Cheers,

    Stuart

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

    martin made a set for me 3 years ago for my cooper hoses they were my best investment for my FRIDGE........................

  8. #8
    Krisz Angyal LoopBrother is an unknown quantity at this point LoopBrother's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    158
    MK15x,LARVI

    Inspiration,Optima,Drägers,IDA

    Re: Mk15 Hose Adapters

    Hello Community !

    i still searching for adapters for my Mk15.5 Coopers !
    any one who wants to send me some ?
    or where to buy ?!

    thanks

    cheers ;)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts