+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: whats with the little arrows

RBW Member Agent 47 is on a distinguished road Agent 47 is on a distinguished road Agent 47's Avatar
    rEvo 3 mini RMS

Megladon

whats with the little arrows

So while installing my RMS I noticed the heads of the temp probes have little arrows on them. A quick review of the instructions says they must be pointed toward the top of the rebreather... Fair enough, seems like something I can manage to do, but I have to ask why. is it something to do with lining up with the electronics (in which case I would assume there would have been some sort of direction on the orientation of the cell trays and such as well)

Enquiring minds must know.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: whats with the little arrows

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 47  View Original Post
    So while installing my RMS I noticed the heads of the temp probes have little arrows on them. A quick review of the instructions says they must be pointed toward the top of the rebreather... Fair enough, seems like something I can manage to do, but I have to ask why. is it something to do with lining up with the electronics (in which case I would assume there would have been some sort of direction on the orientation of the cell trays and such as well)

Enquiring minds must know.
    Has to do with the temp stick with the new rMS scubbers. If you get sorb stuck in the arrows its' hard to read.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

proper orientation of the temp probes

RBW Member Agent 47 is on a distinguished road Agent 47 is on a distinguished road Agent 47's Avatar
    rEvo 3 mini RMS

Megladon

Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post
    proper orientation of the temp probes
    That’s pretty much what I surmised, but I guess my question is why should the orientation of the probes effect the function? And to what degree would it be effected? Will it be less accurate if I go all rebellious and point the arrows down?

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

There was an earlier thread on this.
    But here again. The top part of the scrubbers are usually drier than the bottom if you get water in them so the probes are pointing away and drier.

RBW Member bmwgsboy will become famous soon enough bmwgsboy will become famous soon enough bmwgsboy will become famous soon enough bmwgsboy's Avatar
    rEVO rms

Insp, Meg

As far as not being able to see the arrows after
    Putting sorb, I find it a PITA to clean, so I just made
    A mark on the canister with a marker.
    Now I don't have to worry about trying to clean
    The probe To find the arrow.

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmwgsboy  View Original Post
    Good idea! +1

Forever Learning kennethw is an unknown quantity at this point kennethw's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT / full rMS

Dräger Dolphin (mCCR)

..., so I just made A mark on the canister with a marker.
    Yup, I did that too.

Also gives me a gauge when packing to know where my start and finish points are while rotating and tapping.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Good thinking! Smart idea!

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Quote Originally Posted by kennethw  View Original Post
    Yup, I did that too.

Also gives me a gauge when packing to know where my start and finish points are while rotating and tapping.
    That's good too. Did you learnt that from me?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast