+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Caves in Northern Florida

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

Caves in Northern Florida

I am planning a trip to florida at the end of this year. Can anybody tell me what are the nearest caves to Interlachen, Florida. What caves would you recommend in this area?

Bruce

Hammermeg, Copis2, Kiss divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe's Avatar
    Meg 2.7, Hammermeg, copis meg

Kiss Sport, Draeger dolphin

Re: Caves in Northern Florida

Ginnie Springs is about 1hr,15min and Little River about 1hr,40min from Interlachen
    Gabe

debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole's Avatar
    KISS Spirit & JJ-CCR

Kiss Classic & Sport, Kiss GEM

Let me know when you are going to be in Florida. I'd love to go cave diving with you.

Doug

RBW Member tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris's Avatar
    Evolution, Side-mount Meg

Meg

Last time I saw a pic of Little River the river water was above the retaining wall and way up on the stairs.

It wasn't dive able. Not sure what it looks like now.

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Bruce, even though the N. Florida caves are all mostly in flood stage right now, they should be clearing up over the next several days to weeks. They should all be in good shape when you come out towards the end of the year.

There are literally dozens of caves to dive in North Central Florida that are all within an hour or so of each other, but the easy access "tourist" caves that are awesome dives include:

Devils System (Ginnie Springs)
    Little River
    Madison Blue Springs
    Peacock Springs
    Cow
    Manatee
    Jug
    Hart Springs
    Eagles Nest
    Jackson Blue

and the list goes on and on. I would probably start with the High Springs area and the Mayo Area first and then work your way out to the farther distance caves from there. You can easily fill a couple of weeks diving in and around the High Springs area for example and never get bored! In fact, I would allow at least 3 days for Ginnie Springs alone!

Let me know if you need any more suggestions or advice. I am in Cave Country quite often either diving or teaching.

Regards,
    Randy

Then if you want to travel a little bit

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

Thanks for all the help. Looks like it will be a good trip. Both my parents and friend live not to far from cave country. Should be down there right after Thanks giving.

Bruce

Hammermeg, Copis2, Kiss divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe's Avatar
    Meg 2.7, Hammermeg, copis meg

Kiss Sport, Draeger dolphin

Give a shout If you want a dive partner I will be in High Springs Nov. through May.
    Gabe

RBW Member Captain Bil has a spectacular aura about Captain Bil has a spectacular aura about Captain Bil has a spectacular aura about Captain Bil has a spectacular aura about Captain Bil has a spectacular aura about Captain Bil's Avatar
    Meg ECCR

If you find yourself in the Marianna area, I'll be happy to show you around the Millpond.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

+ Reply to Thread