+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: July 8th dive on the "Clinton" and the "Miller Lite"

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Re: July 8th dive on the "Clinton" and the "Miller Lite"

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    That merino wool BS was some clever sales crap we all fell for hook, line and sinker. I have a new Fourth Element Proteus on order... and gloves...we'll see.
    I am glad you are getting a new suit! That other duck-taped piece of ....just did not suit you (pun intended::)))

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    I am glad you are getting a new suit! That other duck-taped piece of ....just did not suit you (pun intended::)))
    You got soemthing against duct tape? Imagine my co-workers horror if I didn't have any handy this day:

I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDadMiami  View Original Post
    This is why I always dive dry. It is not so much fun suiting up in the heat, but the option to be able to stay in the water when things are good can be pretty nice.
    Yeah, tried that. Lasted up until May. I think heated vests are the way forward. Wear a 3mm or a 5mm so you are not too hot on the boat, hit the water at 80F, dive down thru the thermocline at 150' and switch the thing on. On the way up, turn it off on deco.

No more boil in the bag!

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    You got soemthing against duct tape? Imagine my co-workers horror if I didn't have any handy this day:

Is that the alabama ass flap?

RBW Member jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat's Avatar
    rEvo 3 MICRO FT

rEvo 3 Standard HCCR, MEG 2.01

Hey Chris -- not busting your chops here ;)...... But the last thing you want to do is turn the vest on high at depth -- as you will load up the nitrogen in a HUGE way.

I made this mistake in Lake Michigan, and it was no fun post dive at all :-0 !

2 physicians at DAN, Neil, and Kim Bushman confirmed this as well..

Hope you take this as a "heads up" and not Aggro banter ;)

Be safe man..

John

Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

Quote Originally Posted by jcmankat  View Original Post
    Hey Chris -- not busting your chops here ;)...... But the last thing you want to do is turn the vest on high at depth -- as you will load up the nitrogen in a HUGE way.

I made this mistake in Lake Michigan, and it was no fun post dive at all :-0 !

2 physicians at DAN, Neil, and Kim Bushman confirmed this as well..

Hope you take this as a "heads up" and not Aggro banter ;)

Be safe man..

John
    Last thing I want to do is turn on Don when he's wearing a vest whilst high? Oh, sorry you're talking about the heated vest..:)

Not at all, thanks for the heads up. I have ZERO experience with heated vests. Ive only heard about the burns issues.

Makes total sense, however our water is 80F at the surface, so wouldn't you simply be keeping your body temp at similar levels as to when you jumped in? Whereas lake michigan is freezing when you jump in?
    Last edited by ChrisBrown; 12th July 2012 at 15:57.

RBW Member jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat's Avatar
    rEvo 3 MICRO FT

rEvo 3 Standard HCCR, MEG 2.01

Lol on Don ;)

Safe dives Chris,

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4