+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: July 8th dive on the "Clinton" and the "Miller Lite"

RBW Member ccr sirene is on a distinguished road ccr sirene is on a distinguished road ccr sirene's Avatar
    Revo III

July 8th dive on the "Clinton" and the "Miller Lite"

On a beautiful Sunday in South Florida, with calm seas and an expert boat captain -- Swadiver -- I was looking forward to a dive on both the Clinton and Miller Lite. Due to significant current running on the surface, Swadiver offered to hot drop Tienuts and myself with the plan being to start the dive on the Clinton and drift to the Miller Lite.

After a perfect drop, we landed without effort on the Clinton. We had heard about colder water on the deep wrecks. I was wearing a 3 mil with hooded vest; Tienuts was wearing a 5 mil with a heated vest. Mind you.... we are talking about diving in the middle of summer in South Florida! We hit the water and the temperature was a little cooler than normal on the surface. By the time we got to depth (150 fsw), the temperature dropped to the mid 60s. We toured the Clinton. The current was more than manageable on the dive and I was leisurely swimming around when... 10 minutes into the dive, Tienuts signals that his hands were hurting...??? . Although I was cooler than normal, the temperature was more than manageable for me.

Finally,Tienuts signaled that we should be heading to the Miller Lite. As we swam off the Clinton, within 2 minutes, Tienuts could not bear the cold any longer...and aborted the dive. I never saw the Miller Lite.

So we got up ridiculously early in the morning for a dive with great conditions, and ended up with a 12 minute dive because SOMEONE with a heated vest could not handle a little bit a cold... and he claims he is from New York!!!

Anyway, you win some and you lose some. Next time you hear about cold water, beware who is your dive partner

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Re: July 8th dive on the "Clinton" and the "Miller Lite"

Quote Originally Posted by ccr sirene  View Original Post
    On a beautiful Sunday in South Florida...Tienuts could not bear the cold any longer...and aborted the dive...

So we got up ridiculously early in the morning for a dive with great conditions, and ended up with a 12 minute dive because SOMEONE with a heated vest could not handle a little bit a cold... and he claims he is from New York!!!

Anyway, you win some and you lose some. Next time you hear about cold water, beware who is your dive partner
    What???

Daniele, after a stunt like that, I vote we all pitch-in to buy Tony a bus ticket (doesn't deserve a train or airline ticket) and send him back to Brooklyn where he belongs!

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Quote Originally Posted by sfldiver  View Original Post
    What???

Daniele, after a stunt like that, I vote we all pitch-in to buy Tony a bus ticket (doesn't deserve a train or airline ticket) and send him back to Brooklyn where he belongs!

+2

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

What, this is outrageous. I froze my butt off on Saturday diving with sfldiver, but I manned up to do the entire 1 hour dive with him, and I am a warm water wuss.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

if he can't deal with the cold water the gunfire may be a little much for him. better he stays where he now belongs.......
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Al Marvelli  View Original Post
    if he can't deal with the cold water the gunfire may be a little much for him. better he stays where he now belongs.......
    Even though it's my understanding Tony is a former member of the shield up in the NE, the fact that he ended up down here indicates two possibilities: 1) He couldn't handle being shot at; or 2) He's in the witness protection program and hiding from unsavory characters up North.

Either way, it's probably best that we follow your advice Marv and keep him safe down south with us.

Then again, if he can't do more than 12 minutes in warm carribbean waters, he's useless to us.

More importantly, you don't mess with the real boss' (Mrs. SWADiver's) dive!

That's it, we're sending him North and feeding him to the dogs!

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

if we really want to see how tough he is we could let don modify his rebreather
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Al Marvelli  View Original Post
    if we really want to see how tough he is we could let don modify his rebreather

+2

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Hey, hey! Although he was wearing a heated vest, he may need to wear heated GLOVES!!!!

That being said, I would be back in my dry suit at 60 degree water temp. Were those upwellings, yet?

Adrian! Your blood is boiling hot. Must be all the Cuban in you. You would not even be wearing a suit at all. Lucky you

Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    Adrian! Your blood is boiling hot. Must be all the Cuban in you. You would not even be wearing a suit at all. Lucky you
    Claudia, spend two weeks on a raft fighting the elements in order to make it to freedom, and you'd be tough enough to deal with a little cold water too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast